No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Crushes Paul Williams in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    Funny thing though. He was winning. He was fighting just about perfectly. Martinez didn't do nothing but land that punch. That makes me think a little more...

Clearly Paul's punch resistance has been dented. I'd like a Cintron rematch. He better work on that neck.

Martinez is fine, I just wonder what will happen when he tries to be the aggressor against a more natural counter puncher. Especially a fast one. Imagine what Pirog could do.
    He was winning what, one round?
    Martinez hit him with a few good shots before that one too.

Comment

• Is Paul one of the slick fighters Bhop was talking about?

Comment

• The Punisher can't handle Slick boxers.

This fight made Paul "The Punisher" Williams.. AKA "The most feared man in boxing" .... look like an Amateur... He look like he didn't know how to handle slick boxers... This means he would totally get schooled by FLOYD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxeo_Boricua View Post
          He was winning what, one round?
          Martinez hit him with a few good shots before that one too.
          Yeah, but he looked to me like he was about to win the second. At least he won that first half of the second, IDK what would have happened later if not for the KO. But still, Paul was looking good against a style he normally has trouble (for as short a time as it was)

Comment

Funny thing though. He was winning. He was fighting just about perfectly. Martinez didn't do nothing but land that punch. That makes me think a little more...

Clearly Paul's punch resistance has been dented. I'd like a Cintron rematch. He better work on that neck.

Martinez is fine, I just wonder what will happen when he tries to be the aggressor against a more natural counter puncher. Especially a fast one. Imagine what Pirog could do.
            Not so sure about that. That was an extremely hard and clean punch. Full force overhand left hook. What other fighter do you know who would not have been KO'd by that punch? He does need to work on the 'd' though.

Comment

• MARAVILLA MARAVILLA!

My boy shocked the ****ing world last niiiight! Wooot!

Holy ****! Everyone watching the fight with me turned into a Sexy Serg fan last night lol.

Comment

martinez didn't do nothing but land that punch?..martinez was hitting him too,so williams landed 10 more punches,wow...it was only the second round man,we don't know if matinez would have adjusted or done different things later in the fight,there were 10 more rounds to fight,it doesn't sound right what you say...i can understand if paul was dominating for 10 rounds and all of a sudden martinez lands that punch without doing much for the fight...martinez is good and he was making paul miss at times and hitting him,he was throwing that same punch and caught him...

Comment

• Martinez felt he was landing that punch easily the first rounds, he was just playing target practice since Williams wasn't adjusting to that over hand punch.

Comment

• Damn, i missed the fight. I had went to one of my buddies engagement party.

Comment

• I almost burned my DVR last night because of how many times I rewatched that knockout. I was very impressed with that beautiful punch and nasty knockout. I was also impressed with the Martinez’s post fight interpreter, the guy literally translated word-by-word from Spanish to English and vice versa perfectly, HBO should hire him as he is much better than the others.

Comment

Working...
                      X