Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserves to be Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised Pascal isnt being mentioned more. He just beat highly rated lb/lber Dawnson and is set to win against Hopkins.

Comment

So far the likely candidates are:

Sergio Martinez (if he beats Paul Williams)
      Amir Khan (if he beats Maidana)
      Jean Pascal (if he beats Hopkins}
      Fernando Montiel
      Giovanni Segura
      Juan Manuel Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
        Hopkins will only lose if he has a bad day. which isn't uncommon when you're friggin 45 years old.

Montiel had a great win over Hasegawa eventhough Hasegawa should have taken a knee to momentarily recover. One win isnt enough to become fighter of the year.

Amir made his US debut and dominated Paulie in his own backyard and dominated Maidana after getting knocked out cold.
        But, if Pascal wins he still should be higher than Amir.

And, Montiel doesn't have just won win this year. He also has 1 round KO victory over Ciso Morales and a 4 KO over Rafael Concepcion. Add 4 round KO of Hasegawa that means Montiel>Khan for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aut_72 View Post
          I agree but I'd put Giovanni Segura too I mean 3 wins,one over undefeated Calderon + if he wins next week
          Oh man, you're right if wins next week against a solid opponent with short notice in Manuel vargas that he is over both Juanma and Khan. He should be in the running too.

Comment

saul alvarez has beaten 4 people this year and is fighting lovemore n'dou in december, that is quite impressive even though they aren't top fighters

juan manuel lopez or martinez if he beats pwill clearly or khan if he wins easily pacman has to come after these 3 for me and possibly pascal aswell depending in how he handles b-hop

Comment

Bump. Let's see what Martinez is made of tonight.

Comment

I'll wait until after tonight before I say its Martinez.

Comment

A little early dontcha think?

At least we know it won't be manny or Floyd.

Comment

Well...I think it's safe to say that Sergio Martinez does indeed deserve to be Fighter of the Year, and also KO OF THE YEAR! I'm not sure the others can top what Martinez just did.

Comment

Working...
                    X