No announcement yet.

Who deserves to be Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
    I'd still go with Pacquiao. Aint nothing like beating up bigger opponents.
    pavlik and williams are better wins than margarito and clottey

Comment

Sergio if he beats Paul.

If not, Amir if he dominates Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
        Sergio if he beats Paul.

If not, Amir if he dominates Maidana.
        What if Pascal beats Hopkins? This year he would have wins over Dawson and Hopkins?

Montiel KO'ing Hasegawa>Amir Khan dominating Maidana.

Comment

Martinez, if he wins tomorrow.

Too bad Montiel couldn't get in another big fight, he'd have a good shout for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            What if Pascal beats Hopkins? This year he would have wins over Dawson and Hopkins?

Montiel KO'ing Hasegawa>Amir Khan dominating Maidana.
            Hopkins will only lose if he has a bad day. which isn't uncommon when you're friggin 45 years old.

Montiel had a great win over Hasegawa eventhough Hasegawa should have taken a knee to momentarily recover. One win isnt enough to become fighter of the year.

Amir made his US debut and dominated Paulie in his own backyard and dominated Maidana after getting knocked out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
              pavlik and williams are better wins than margarito and clottey
              He did not win against Williams, plus that was last year if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                If Martinez wins, it is clearly him. If he losses. and then Pascal wins then is Pascal. If both Martinez and Pascal losses then it Fernando Montiel, with Juanma being the runner up.
                I agree but I'd put Giovanni Segura too I mean 3 wins,one over undefeated Calderon + if he wins next week

Comment

Fail to see how anyone could vote for Pacquiao. Look, I'll give the man his due: He's had a pretty good year. But I think you have to give it to Sergio if he beats Paul Williams. If that doesn't happen, then Montiel or possibly even Juan Manual Lopez, who also had a solid year. Possibly even Pascal if he gets past Hopkins. So that's Martinez, Montiel, Lopez, and Pascal all before Pacquiao. If Pacquiao wins it, it's based purely on his name, and not his accomplishments. There's no way beating Clottey and Margarito is better than the above mentioned fighter's (potential) resumes.

Comment

Martinez once he KO's Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Aut_72 View Post
                      I agree but I'd put Giovanni Segura too I mean 3 wins,one over undefeated Calderon + if he wins next week
                      Another good selection.

Comment

Working...
                      X