No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KirbyLovesTacos View Post
    Yes, he's very very good. Awesome performances. The problem is he's fighting all these guys for money and to make him look good. Put Pacquiao in with Williams/Martinez/Mayweather/JMM again/ and you'll realize he isn't the same Pacquiao as you see before you in the last couple of years. Like I said, for the past few years now he's been given multiple gimmie fights where the objective is to make him look good.
    ur dreaming again right??

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      I'll put this another way so you can get what I'm saying. I have Ali rated higher than Floyd (common sense) but IMHO Floyd is a better fighter than Ali. I mean if you had two tv's side by side and watch both fight......Floyd is better and it isn't even close. Now resume and accomplishment wise Ali is higher and the same **** with Manny and these other guys.

I have see Duran and all these other guys fight. Manny is more dominate and looks better than any of those guys. I know must wont agree, but this is how I feel and I have watched these guys over and over again (I'm a boxing junky).

So again I rate them higher than Manny because of their resume, but Manny is the greatest fighter I have seen with my own eyes. While Leonard and Duran were b4 my time, I count them as part of it due to the sole reason that I grew up watching tapes of them due to my family being such fans of those guys.
      Respesctfully, Manny has NO ONE on his resume better than SRL, Hagler, or Hearns and unless he beats floyd, will ever have a win on his record as good as SRL as duran does. And honestly, while I didn't put roy ahead of manny before, Toney was better than any manny win IMO.

If you feel manny is the best you have seen you are entitled. But when you write about his performance against elite competiton I take issue with the word "elite". Since moving to 135, other than Cotto, I would question if he has beaten any "elite" fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Your 100% right and what these people don't understand that was so impressive isn't that he beat Margarito (he was a 5-1 favorite) it was the WAY he did it.

So many people thought that Manny was going to go through a war, even Roach said it until the very end almost that he thought they might have bitten off more than they could chew with Marg's size and strength.

Marg is no bum, to those of you who think that, watch another sport. While Marg isn't elite, he's a hell of a fighter and his style is very troublesome for his opponents.

Manny destroyed him, walked through him and hit him at will. Then showed mercy at the end, Manny is not only an ATG fighter but he's an amazing person who has done so much for his country and the sport of boxing.

Manny is everything boxing should be about, Floyd is everything that is wrong with the sport.........
        But how can you say he's better than Leonard when you look at SRL resume. Take away the moving in weight issues., Pac's last three opponents have each come of losing their last big fight.

Comment

Your 100% right and what these people don't understand that was so impressive isn't that he beat Margarito (he was a 5-1 favorite) it was the WAY he did it.

So many people thought that Manny was going to go through a war, even Roach said it until the very end almost that he thought they might have bitten off more than they could chew with Marg's size and strength.

Marg is no bum, to those of you who think that, watch another sport. While Marg isn't elite, he's a hell of a fighter and his style is very troublesome for his opponents.

Manny destroyed him, walked through him and hit him at will. Then showed mercy at the end, Manny is not only an ATG fighter but he's an amazing person who has done so much for his country and the sport of boxing.

Manny is everything boxing should be about, Floyd is everything that is wrong with the sport.........

I'm just surprised you in particular are so impressed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're one of the few Mexicans that predicted exactly what happened. You said Margarito would be target practice for Pacquiao and it was going to be one sided.

Comment

Genetically able to move up in weight? What does that even mean? So because Manny moved up to the weight he is, that somehow takes away or makes this victory less impressive?

Manny's body isn't any different to able to carry the weight. If that was the case he wouldn't have come in a 144 lbs, he would have made 150 easily then but it didn't happen because he's so much more the smaller man.

Shane was more impressive but Shane is also much bigger and stronger than Manny. He's a natural WW and seeing Shane stand in front of Tony wasn't as big a surprise as Manny standing in front of Marg and destroying him the way he did.

Manny has no business fighting guys like Cotto, Marg or Clottey, yet he does it and not only wins, he DESTROYS them.
            If that's not impressive, I don't know what is..........

This is the biggest myth going right now.

Pac has proven time and time again that he has the power, speed and footwork to beat bigger guys so I cant understand why people say things like this.

Just today they asked for a Marquez fight.

At 147 Pounds.

This guy is a legit WW.

With WW power.

Comment

Originally posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
              Not to rain on your parade, but it's Margarito dude...The same guy with 6 losses. He never had skill.. Never was that great. He was just big, and his usually great chin, never stop style. Slow hands, not accurate.

All Marg has is a chin.... Thats it.

So if you are going to say Pac is the best you have ever seen, please don't base it off of this fight. It makes you look kinda dumb.
              hey stupid dont look at AM that low, i know hes a cheater and **** but look at his record man who he beat heck he could have been to HOF if not for the wraps

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Respesctfully, Manny has NO ONE on his resume better than SRL, Hagler, or Hearns and unless he beats floyd, will ever have a win on his record as good as SRL as duran does. And honestly, while I didn't put roy ahead of manny before, Toney was better than any manny win IMO.

If you feel manny is the best you have seen you are entitled. But when you write about his performance against elite competiton I take issue with the word "elite". Since moving to 135, other than Cotto, I would question if he has beaten any "elite" fighters.
                Barrera is higher than Toney and so is Morales.

Elite fighters

Margarito
                Cotto
                Clottey
                Morales
                Barrera
                Hatton (at 140)

All of those guys were the elite fighters of their class and Manny completely dominated them. I really feel it's in vein to break down why each of those guys were considered elite....because it should be common knowledge, but again no one has seperated themselves from their opposition or opponents around their class like Manny has. It's not even the fact that he beat them, but how he did it and how easy he made it look.

Hell even Roger and Floyd sr.....who hate Manny with a passion were in awe and disbelief on how dominate Manny was against Cotto. So much so that they truly believe Pacquaio is on PED's as that is the only way they can explain him being that good that night.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Who are these World Class Elite Level guys that you feel Pac dominated?

I can only think of 1.

And thats Barerra.
                  Helloooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post

Pac has proven time and time again that he has the power, speed and footwork to beat bigger guys so I cant understand why people say things like this.

At 147 Pounds.

This guy is a legit WW.
                    With WW power.
                    thats only coz he's that good.....you ever seen or heard a 112 champion who's also a ww champ and now is a jmw champ not named manny pacquiao?.......ssshhiiiit

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post

At 147 Pounds.

This guy is a legit WW.

With WW power.

Manny is a LW who is overachieving at WW. Dude was 144 after trying to put on weight. I saw Pacquiao up close and dude can make 135 as he is actually smaller than Brandon Rios and other big LW's.

With Roach....dude is just trying to cherry pick but it's a moot point as he has little say in Manny's opponent selection (that belongs to Arum).

Comment

Working...
                      X