Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people who thinks that fighting below the weight limit however big it is were born 15-20 years ago.

just imagine pacquiao weighing at 135, haters will still insist that it's unfair to margarito? or how about pacquiao weighing 130 surely haters will say margarito will have a very huge disadvantage.

Comment

• very close poll 80 for yes and 90 for no ...

IMHO PAC is at his peak fighting weight, if tries to get bigger it may affect his performance, I think this is as big as he gets...

Comment

• so manny came in at 144 does that mean he is still fighting for a 154lbs belt now thats bull**** bigtime **** pacqiao and his dumbass fallowers that think he is a 7 division champion he is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. 200SX View Post
          6 LBS difference...that's a lot! By tomorrow Marg is gonna be 8-10lbs heavier, Manny I doubt he'll go up 6lbs.
          I actually don't think manny will gain anymore weight come fight time. what would be the point of him comming down to 145 for weigh in if he could be heavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by crillz View Post
            yes there is, weight limits have a Maximum but they also have a Minimum, 141-147 means WELTERWEIGHT not JR MIDDLEWEIGHT it's not that hard to understand, really..

and I'm not saying it hasn't been done before but it was corruption then and it's corruption now, just because it happened before doesn't mean it should be able to happen now with no problems, there should be some sort of penalty
            there is a penalty and it is GIVING UP A LOT OF WEIGHT AND SIZE TO YOUR OPPONENT. Seriously, you guys are going to b1tch about a guy coming in too light? If a flyweight can compete with a heavyweight at heavyweight then more power to him, it should be applauded.

Comment

• so hes fighting for the welterweight title then? i thought it was, weigh in 147 or above to fight for junior middle. Pacman cant keep his speed and power without his A SIDE METH, fukin cheatin feggit, chinese poochi

Comment

• If Pac put Hatton to sleep as a Jr WW...challenger..

..Pac can definitely bust tony's face...Pac at 144 lbs has pure power and speed..question is, How Margs body will react after the weight draining period..I doubt tony can keep up with Pac fast paced..hit and run strategy..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dulcis_Scientia View Post
                  WTF are people crying about Pacquiao coming in below the weight limit. There is no such thing as coming in below the weight limit. LOL. He could come in as a flyweight if he wanted to. Henry Armstrong anyone? Ring a bell. Cry about Pacquiao giving up more advantages to Margarito.

Now, if Pacquiao is truly the Henry Armstrong of this generation, he would still KO Margarito.
                  Spot on. Henry Armstrong fought bigger men but that didn't make him weigh the same as the bigger men. There's no clause that says a fighter can't fight bigger men. If pac wants to fight the klitchko's at heavy weight. No one is stopping him. but don't expect pac to weigh 200lbs. He will be fighting at 147 vs a 200 plus lb klitchko for a heavy weight. Just being theoretic here.

Just saying anybody can't fight bigger men. It's the fighter who is to low on weight he is at the disadvantage from giving away strength and power found in heavier weight class.

Comment

• what the **** is this!!! Welterweight vs. Junior Middleweight?!!! pac need not to prove he can beat a JMW.. he should stick fighting in WW to where his weight opted.
                    Last edited by SceneSpectator!; 11-13-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      pac is really small even for welterweight. people who are trying to pit him against the likes of williams and martinez should shut the fuck up now.
                      Yeah, I was doing that, but damn. No way. Dude should be fighting at 140, and may be planning on it coming in this light.

Comment

Working...
                      X