No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson is a harder puncher than given credit for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I always hear commentators mention how Glen isn't the hardest puncher when he is fighting but can get you out of there with his pressure. Just to give you a statistical idea, he has 51 wins and 35 by stoppage and Manny P another fighter who uses pressure has 51 wins and 38 by stoppage but is known and regarded as a puncher.

Glen Johnson can crack and its not just his relentless pressure I have seen him with not a series but a single clean shot hurt several fighters like Rjj, Dan Judah, and recently Allan Green to name a few.

Do you think he is a hard puncher, is his power a bit underrated, and why is that if so?
    he really is not sure why people underestimate his power or judges dont seem to count his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      AND?

It was a 1 punch KO, i dont understand what you are arguing

Proof is in the pudding
      that one punch ko that came after lots of punishment doesn't make Glen a one punch ko artist...

moreover, he scored it over RJJ, a man wh had just been ko'ed and has since went on to get ko'ed by a grazing shot
      Last edited by Tiozzo; 11-12-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

You are presuming that because he is a pressure fighter that his stoppages are more a product of his workrate when really he just needs to get that hard right hand through. Look here at 2:20 against Yusaf Mack how he distracts Mack by putting a few jabs in his view then the straight right hand the same one that ko'd Roy puts Mack down and Glen finishes the job at around 4:00 with the right again.

To suggest that he is an average puncher like the equivalent as a SMW/LHW to what Floyd is as a WW is laughable.
        don't make up things

I've said a decent puncher, and a decent puncher is better than an average pucher in my book

you making up things is laughable

I don't think he just needs to get that hard right hand through
        I think he needs to get many of those right hands through to score a KO on anyone who has an ok chin, something Jones appears not to have since Tarver knocked him out, then Glen, then Green with a grazing shot, and maybe he never had a good chin to begin with, who knows ?

Yusaf Mack that dude can't handle pressure, Andrade beat him up before Glen, and Glen didn't knock him out senseless like he ko'ed Roy, so you still don't have much of a point here

Comment

Originally posted by BatteredKessler View Post
          that one punch ko that came after lots of punishment doesn't make Glen a one punch ko artist...
          True but he certainly has better than average power and most of his at least recent kds or stoppages stem from his pressure setting him up to land that hard right hand which the video evidence will show has plenty of force behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            He definlty has pop,but is not a one punch guys he softens you up a bit first.
            spray doesn't seem to get that

really, it's joke
            Glen scores a ko over Green, a man who lost everytime he stepped in with good opposition, and now Glen is all of a sudden a one punch ko artist

Comment

Glen Johnson is a harder man than people give him credit for. War Johnson.

Comment

don't make up things

I've said a decent puncher, and a decent puncher is better than an average pucher in my book

you making up things is laughable

I don't think he just needs to get that hard right hand through
                I think he needs to get many of those right hands through to score a KO on anyone who has an ok chin, something Jones appears not to have since Tarver knocked him out, then Glen, then Green with a grazing shot, and maybe he never had a good chin to begin with, who knows ?

Yusaf Mack that dude can't handle pressure, Andrade beat him up before Glen, and Glen didn't knock him out senseless like he ko'ed Roy, so you still don't have much of a point here
                Wow I can't understand the reason behind your hate for Glen "powerhitter" Johnson when he is either hurting or stopping guys all of the time with those brutal power shots

Comment

spray doesn't seem to get that

really, it's joke
                  Glen scores a ko over Green, a man who lost everytime he stepped in with good opposition, and now Glen is all of a sudden a one punch ko artist

A man who has also never been ko'd until he felt the insane ko power of Glen "coffee" Johnson.!!!!!

Comment

True but he certainly has better than average power and most of his at least recent kds or stoppages stem from his pressure setting him up to land that hard right hand which the video evidence will show has plenty of force behind it.
                    the subject of the thread was ''is Glen's power underrated'', not ''does he have better than average power'', which he has

do you still think you have a case, honestly ?

Comment

A man who has also never been ko'd until he felt the insane ko power of Glen "coffee" Johnson.!!!!!

Miranda was well on his way to knock Green out
                      Ward hits like a girl

Comment

Working...
                      X