Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserved to win the Judah vs. Matthysse fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think judah won a close fight. Matthysse gave up too many early rounds and even though he won rds 10-12 IMO 30-26 still wasn't enough to win.

Comment

I was surprised at how much wider I had the fight in Matthysse's favor when I rewatched a couple months ago. It wasn't a robbery, there were a few close rounds that could justifiably give Judah 7 and the win, but I think Matthysse won.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
        Matthysse won clearly.

The list of posters that picked Judah predictable.
        Its actually funny how predictable they are,matthysse won

Comment

this myth about matthysse giving up the early rounds is hilarious...id gladly get hit with one of them pitty pat jabs zab was landing...but i wouldt want to take those clean straight rights matthysse landed to the body....HBO is at fault for this whole close fight deal...they were riding Judah hard until Matthysse started kicking his ass....

Comment

I forget my exact scorecard, but I think I had Matthysse winning by either 1 or 2 points. Matthysse took some of the early rounds with his body punching (largely unnoticed by the judges apparently) and took most of the last half as well. I don't blame Matthysse for how he fought though since this was his first real step up and wasn't sure how to fight Judah over the course of the match. Still, it was closer than it needed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              this myth about matthysse giving up the early rounds is hilarious...id gladly get hit with one of them pitty pat jabs zab was landing...but i wouldt want to take those clean straight rights matthysse landed to the body....HBO is at fault for this whole close fight deal...they were riding Judah hard until Matthysse started kicking his ass....
              but it doesn't matter what shots you prefer to take. thats not how judges score fights according to the rules. Every pitty pat jab zab landed, regardless of how hard they were, scores. it also illustrates ring generalship and defense.

If you prefer power pucnhes cool. But judges score fights by the rules. And no where that I am aware of in the rules do power punches count more.

Comment

How bout a Rematch? fuk waiting around till April, Matthysse will fight him next month.

Comment

That was an extremely close fight and can hardly be called a robbery. Matthysse doing all the fighting in the last three rounds sure leave an impression

Comment

i watched this live it was close but judah won
                    gibe him props u freaks mythsse a beast , no one cared then now everyones on his nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      but it doesn't matter what shots you prefer to take. thats not how judges score fights according to the rules. Every pitty pat jab zab landed, regardless of how hard they were, scores. it also illustrates ring generalship and defense.

If you prefer power pucnhes cool. But judges score fights by the rules. And no where that I am aware of in the rules do power punches count more.
                      Judges score by who put the money in their pockets

@ judahs "defense" even tho he was getting hammered by power punches all night

Comment

Working...
                      X