No announcement yet.

Top 5 Heavyweights of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
    1st thing. both of these guys lost to journeymen at some point. you can't compare how many journeymen these guys lost to because shavers has like 20 more fights then quarry.

as far as chins go. you keep saying that shavers got knocked out how ever many times but jerry has been knocked out 6 times vs shavers 7. but shavers has 20 more fights then jerry so the risk naturally is higher for shavers. NOT a fair comparison.

now i know that doesn't determine the hardest chins alone but it gives you something to think about.

you can't just claim that jerry is better then shavers all because he knocked out shavers in the 1st round. who knows WHAT that rematch would have looked like? who knows if that wasn't just a lucky 1st round knock out. thats like me saying since shavers knocked out norton & norton knocked out jerry. that means shavers is automatically greater then jerry.

also you have to mention how both fighters DID against their greatest opponents.

shavers greatest opponents were ali holmes norton & jerry.

shavers took ali to HELL, shavers took holmes to HELL. shavers knocked out norton. but suffered a 1st round knock out defeat to jerry.

jerrys greatest opponents were fraizer ali norton & shavers.

jerry of course knocked out shavers but was knocked out by the other 3.

OPEN AND CLOSED CASE......

I disagree with you but respect your opinion on their comp and how things played or might have played out. Im gonna post a poll in the history section. Come check it out and vote and maybe we can continue this over there as well as getting some other educated opinions.

i have shavers as my number 10 because i feel he was a really good talent. A underrated talent.
    He was, but that should get him ranked above more accomplished fighters, should it?

Comment

1. Klitschko
      2. Klitschko
      3. Lewis
      4. Ali
      5. Foreman
      6. Marciano
      7. Holmes
      8. Louis
      9. Dempsey
      10. Holyfield
      Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 11-04-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

1.joe louis
        2.cassius clay
        3.foreman
        4.Marciano
        5.Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by steelhammer2010 View Post
          1. Klitschko
          2. Klitschko
          3. Lewis
          4. Ali
          5. Foreman
          6. Marciano
          7. Holmes
          8. Louis
          9. Dempsey
          10. Holyfield
          klitschkoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Comment

1. Manny Pacquiao
            2. Muhammad Ali
            3. Joe Louis
            4. Goerge Foreman
            5. Larry Holmes

cmon haters

Comment

Head to head? I think thats how we are doing cause some clown put Shavers on their list. Shavers belongs in the top 10 overhyped heavyweights of all time along with Tua, Ibeabuchi, and Ali. Shavers was bad, dude in his prime lost to Bob Stallings, a fighter with a losing record. Wow, he beat 83 year old Ken Norton and he got robbed against Parkinsons riddled Ali. Shavers...top 10...hilarious. Dude was a club fighter who never won anything. He beat china chinned kenny norton.

Top 5 H2H ATG HW's
              1. Wlad
              2. Vitali
              3. Lennox
              4. Bowe
              5. Tyson

Thats just the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                Head to head? I think thats how we are doing cause some clown put Shavers on their list. Shavers belongs in the top 10 overhyped heavyweights of all time along with Tua, Ibeabuchi, and Ali. Shavers was bad, dude in his prime lost to Bob Stallings, a fighter with a losing record. Wow, he beat 83 year old Ken Norton and he got robbed against Parkinsons riddled Ali. Shavers...top 10...hilarious. Dude was a club fighter who never won anything. He beat china chinned kenny norton.

Top 5 H2H ATG HW's
                1. Wlad
                2. Vitali
                3. Lennox
                4. Bowe
                5. Tyson

Thats just the facts.

Funny thing is, that win against Norton was bigger than any win either of your gods ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Funny thing is, that win against Norton was bigger than any win either of your gods ever had.
                  now I can see why you dismissed this nutcase.

Comment

1: Joe Louis
                    2: M. Ali
                    3: Larry Holmes
                    4: George Foreman
                    5: Lennox Lewis

Comment

1. Ali
                      2. Louis
                      3. J. Johnson
                      4. Foreman
                      5. Holmes