Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschko brothers were black they'd be considered ATG's!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great Afrikan View Post
    NO

Wladimir Klitschko fights and its dominant like Virgill Hill who was a great LH champ. And last time i checked Hill wasn't considered an all time great.

And Virgil Hill was undisputed LH champ and cruiserweight champ. If black/American people dont consider Hill an ATG, why would they consider a jab first HW who mainly fights on the backfoot one?

Sorry i just dont agree especially with Wladimir.

And i'm African not American.

Virgil Hill? Hilarious.

Utter failure at trying to make a good point.

And what does Wlad's fighting style have to do with anything? If it work, it works, you don't change what works.

A 6'6 fighter isn't supposed to fight like a 5'6 fighter, not should he have to. If you're blessed with size, reach..you use it to the maximum of your skilled ability. And The Klitschko's have done just that, perfected their style to the point of being almost untouchable. And yet they keep knocking everybody out.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Afrikan View Post
      7 loss Virgil hill? your sounding like Floyd now lol.

Virgill losses came at latter stages of his career...and there's no shame in losing to Thomas Hearns, Henry Maske, Jean Marc Mormeck (twice), Roy Jones jr, Dariusz Michalczewski

He was 36 yrs old for 3 of those losses. Only Hearns, Mormeck and Jones beat him at his prime.

And he beat Maske, Bobby Czyz, Fabrice Tiozzo, Lou Del Valle and was reigning longer than both KBros.
      So you say, and the same way you disregard The Klitschko's competition, I disregard your claim that there is no shame losing to someone like Henry Maske.

Yes there is if you wanna compare him to Wlad Klitschko. Henry Maske is nothing more than a Regional Champ at best. Thomas Hearns? Maybe if there was a time Machine and we could've brought a early 80's Hearns to knock Virgil out, you'd have a point.

I can go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
        The funniest thing is people acting like all the guys Vitali and Wlad are facing are awful etc...and everyone back in the day was so amazing. Every other sport has improved, every single one, but not boxing? Its such a joke. Put anyone in the ring with Wlad today and theyd lose, simple as that. Anyone.
        You hit a point here that I have brought up before.

It is automatically assumed that ALL the competition back in the day was miles better than today. Muhammad Ali gets knocked down by some Journeyman bum just before facing Sonny Liston, but let me guess Ali's Bum >>> Any Present Heavyweight Journeyman/bum. And I again, I don't hold it against Ali, he is one of the ATG's P4P.

Ali has a life and death battle with Joe Frazier, sure lets upgrade them both to ATG status for giving each other fits. It can't be that Ali just might not be the total package (During his prime and past it), which Mayweather himself pointed out (Doesn't punch a lot to the body, wastes a lot of unnecessary energy). But if Wlad had dominated a Frazier-esque fighter (even one a bit taller than Smoking Joe), we'll just call that guy a average skilled bum. If you hold it against Wlad for NOT being in constant knockout dragout fights and winning, then that's no different than the criticism Mayweather and some others take on a daily basis.

I can go on and on, people who fundamentally are biased towards the Greats of the Past, will never even comprehend the point I'm making here.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
          You hit a point here that I have brought up before.

It is automatically assumed that ALL the competition back in the day was miles better than today. Muhammad Ali gets knocked down by some Journeyman bum just before facing Sonny Liston, but let me guess Ali's Bum >>> Any Present Heavyweight Journeyman/bum. And I again, I don't hold it against Ali, he is one of the ATG's P4P.

Ali has a life and death battle with Joe Frazier, sure lets upgrade them both to ATG status for giving each other fits. It can't be that Ali just might not be the total package (During his prime and past it), which Mayweather himself pointed out (Doesn't punch a lot to the body, wastes a lot of unnecessary energy). But if Wlad had dominated a Frazier-esque fighter (even one a bit taller than Smoking Joe), we'll just call that guy a average skilled bum. If you hold it against Wlad for NOT being in constant knockout dragout fights and winning, then that's no different than the criticism Mayweather and some others take on a daily basis.

I can go on and on, people who fundamentally are biased towards the Greats of the Past, will never even comprehend the point I'm making here.
          You make many good points, it's true that many people call the opponents of the Klitschkos bums when they get dominated. I think it's because so many of them are still stuck in 2004 and think Wlad is the same fighter he was then, they made up their minds that Wlad is an average fighter, so if he's dominating fighters it's because they're bums, instead of giving credit where credit is due. It's easier than to admit Wlad has improved a lot and it's great fighter, people hate being proved wrong.

Comment

Americans have a long history of excellence in the heavyweight division (going back to John L. Sullivan) and we remember what a truly great heavyweight champion is supposed to look like.

That's why we are hyper critical.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              Change "black" for "american" and I completely agree.
              yeah you are right

Comment

If they were Black, TS would hate them.

Comment

Wlad is an ATG, Vitali is certainly not.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    If they were Black, TS would hate them.
                    I don't think so...I think the TS is black...

I know for sure though Tunney and all his racist alts will Hate them...

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Wlad is an ATG, Vitali is certainly not.
                      Agree, at the very least Wlad is a sure fire HOF'er.

But, I would not vote for Vitaly into the HOF. He's resume is not that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X