Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschko brothers were black they'd be considered ATG's!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
    Ok lets just be honest here folks the Klitschko brothers have been utterly dominating the HW division in recent years. People say the HW division its the weakest its ever been but how do we know this? We dont know how GREAT or successful these other fighters can be because of the Klitschko's prescence in todays HW division. In order to be great you have to rack up wins and beat champions over a period of time in convincing or competitive fashion. Nobody can deny that the Klitschko's have done this. It seems as if a lot of boxing fans are biased towards the Klitschko's because they are European. If the Klitschko's were fast talking,cocky, charismatic, flashy Afro Americans from "urban" america or even if they were mild mannered, surburbia or midwestern ,Humble USA Gold Medalist (AND FIGHTING THE SAME COMPETITION) I believe without a doubt they would be HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEE in america and would be praised as the most dominant HW duo that ever lived. They would be mentioned amongst the greatest HW ever. Nobody can fault the Klitschko brothers for dominating this era in laughable fashion, it isnt their fault they were blessed with superior skills and hard work ethic and that these other fighters dont take the ART of boxing seriously!!

Since when did champions have to call out fighters to fight THEM?

Nice try.

When Mike Tyson dominated the Heavweight boxing in the 80`s people said that the heavyweight division of that time was weak cause it was true.

Shortly after Tyson started to go downhill the heavyweight division started to become very tough with the Arrival of Holyfield,Lennox Lewis,Riddick Bowe Ray Mercer etc.

Americans don`t like the Klitsckos for the same reason they did`nt like Larry Holmes who dominated the Heavyweight division,The Klits are boring and so was Larry Holmes.

Comment

If they were black they would fight nothing like how the klitschkos fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        and if they were american black or white, they would be praised a lot more. it's not so much race as it is national background.

if they were black european, it wouldn't make a difference. and americans still wouldn't care about them.

that's a fact.
        I'm American, and I just pictured the Klits as being black and.. I still wasn't interested in them. However I have to be honest, I'd be more intrigued were they American. However, Wlad's style would still be an issue for me. Even if he was American. Now if he had some American charisma to boot.. Then maybe I could learn to enjoy rounds of tedious jabbing followed by sudden and quick pwnages.

One irony in all this, is Wlad's style was crafted by a Black American known very much for his exciting work with one Motor City Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
          You hit a point here that I have brought up before.

It is automatically assumed that ALL the competition back in the day was miles better than today. Muhammad Ali gets knocked down by some Journeyman bum just before facing Sonny Liston, but let me guess Ali's Bum >>> Any Present Heavyweight Journeyman/bum. And I again, I don't hold it against Ali, he is one of the ATG's P4P.

Ali has a life and death battle with Joe Frazier, sure lets upgrade them both to ATG status for giving each other fits. It can't be that Ali just might not be the total package (During his prime and past it), which Mayweather himself pointed out (Doesn't punch a lot to the body, wastes a lot of unnecessary energy). But if Wlad had dominated a Frazier-esque fighter (even one a bit taller than Smoking Joe), we'll just call that guy a average skilled bum. If you hold it against Wlad for NOT being in constant knockout dragout fights and winning, then that's no different than the criticism Mayweather and some others take on a daily basis.

I can go on and on, people who fundamentally are biased towards the Greats of the Past, will never even comprehend the point I'm making here.
          Getting knocked down before your fighting on world level and getting out by a journeyman and mediocre contender when you reach the world level are two completely different things.

If you know what your watching then you know frazier was damn special, especially in FOTC. Name me one fighter that Wlad has faced that is on or near the skill level of a prime Frazier, simply saying people overrate the past is not a real argument. People are not biased of the past, people are biased of the era they first started watching boxing in. It should also be noted that boxing is definately not at its best as a whole and particularly the HW division.

Comment

If the Klitschkos were black all their ******ed nuthuggers like Wlad_Owns (aka Steelhammer aka Klitschko2009) would be calling them bums and saying Valuev was the unbeatable GOAT :hand9:

Poet
            Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 02-02-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Agree, at the very least Wlad is a sure fire HOF'er.

But, I would not vote for Vitaly into the HOF. He's resume is not that good.
              There is obivously a chance that he could have some catostrophic losses that could set him back but if he keeps on doing whats hes doing he should be ranked atleast a top 25 HW. I agree with the bolded.

Comment

Specially Vitali,dude is best heavyweight ever!

Comment

If the Klitschkos were black they wouldn't be sponsored by Hugo Boss.

Comment

Wladimir is well on his way to being an ATG(depending on your definition of ATG), and probably will be one once his career has run its course.

Hes only beaten about 9 or 10 top fighters in what is considered a weak division though. Guys like Louis and Ali beat about 30+.

It has nothing to do with race, in Europe Wladimir and Vitali have amazing TV ratings. most notably in Germany. and mostly because theyre German based fighters. all countries do this sort of thing, if you represent them they will follow you and support you.

kind of like Jose Napoles: Cuban born and everything, but because he defected to Mexico, lived there and represented it, Mexicans loved the guy.

Wladimir might end up top a top 10+ Heavyweight by the career is over, depending on how it goes. Is that ATG enough for you? what exactly are we talking about here?

Comment

• Vitali is definitely not an ATG, although if he can keep going like he is in his 40s...hell, he might make it. Its hard to think of someone in this division who can stop him.

but when it gets down to it the only good fighters hes beaten are Sanders, Johnson, Peter, Gomez and Arreola. a little underwhelming.

Comment

Working...
                      X