Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiBella on PW-Martinez Catchweight: it's 158 max. "It's in the contract."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pwill asking for a catchweight is stupid because martinez is really a 154 lber anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      pwill asking for a catchweight is stupid because martinez is really a 154 lber anyways.
      Clearly he is not anymore

Comment

Was literally waiting for Dirk to reply to that.

By the way Dirk... when he WAS fighting at 154lbs... what was Martinez weight 30 days out?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

Was literally waiting for Dirk to reply to that.

By the way Dirk... when he WAS fighting at 154lbs... what was Martinez weight 30 days out?
          I honestly dont know. I was referring more to the fact he weighed 159 in his last two fights, hes clearly a middleweight now imo. I dont see him ever going back to 154 unless he gets a Mayweahter or Pac fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I honestly dont know. I was referring more to the fact he weighed 159 in his last two fights, hes clearly a middleweight now imo. I dont see him ever going back to 154 unless he gets a Mayweahter or Pac fight.
            I wouldn't really go by weighing 5 lbs above what he was fighting at, as evidence that he clearly isn't a Jr. MW anymore...

I mean he chose to go up in weight... doesn't necessarily mean he's still not a 154lber naturally..

Comment

I wouldn't really go by weighing 5 lbs above what he was fighting at, as evidence that he clearly isn't a Jr. MW anymore...

I mean he chose to go up in weight... doesn't necessarily mean he's still not a 154lber naturally..
              Yeah but hes 35 now and once you start weighing 158, 159 for a few fights in a row, you aint really gonna wanna come back down to 154. He also gave up his 154 belt so...

Comment

Yeah but hes 35 now and once you start weighing 158, 159 for a few fights in a row, you aint really gonna wanna come back down to 154. He also gave up his 154 belt so...
                I am pretty certain he could not keep both WBC belts at 154 and 160...

And no he may not want to go back to 154, but I am talking about natural size... I would still not call him a natural middleweight.

Actually after Pwill, and especially if he loses I see him going back to 154... many more lucrative fights at 154 than 160... I actually think Williams will want to go back down as well unless he can grab a fight with Pavlik..

Comment

I am pretty certain he could not keep both WBC belts at 154 and 160...

And no he may not want to go back to 154, but I am talking about natural size... I would still not call him a natural middleweight.

Actually after Pwill, and especially if he loses I see him going back to 154... many more lucrative fights at 154 than 160... I actually think Williams will want to go back down as well unless he can grab a fight with Pavlik..
                  Yeah but if he planned to go back to 154, he woulda kept his belt cos hes already Ring Champ at 160. At least thats how it looks to me.

I think hes grown into a middleweight now. He looked pretty small against Pavlik cos Pavlik is probably too big for middleweight himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                    I'm hoping Martinez show at 160 and stops the catchweight BS. He's the middleweight Champion of the World and no challenger should dictate any lower limits than the Middleweight limits.

Martinez!! SHOW UP AT 160 and tell the petty crybabies to kiss you azz!

Comment

Yeah but if he planned to go back to 154, he woulda kept his belt cos hes already Ring Champ at 160. At least thats how it looks to me.

I think hes grown into a middleweight now. He looked pretty small against Pavlik cos Pavlik is probably too big for middleweight himself.
                      But if they were going to make the Williams fight for the MW titles, I dont think he could keep the 154lb belt...

Although if I were him I would of..

Comment

Working...
                      X