Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Williams-Martinez this generations Gatti-Ward..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Williams-Martinez this generations Gatti-Ward..

..........?

Sergio and Paul are on a much higher level. In terms of war, it might be.

Comment

Naw not really.

Not even close.

Comment

Skill wise I think Sergio and p will are much better but in turns of wars it might be close. One thing is for sure they will take a lot out of each other(unless there is a quick ko).

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Naw not really.

Not even close.
          And why is that.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Naw not really.

Not even close.
            Gotta agree those two are on another level and will not brutalize themselves to the extent ward and gatti did.

Comment

No. I think the first fight is somewhat overrated as a "classic". It was a great fight but i think Sergio outboxed Williams for the majority of it rather than it being a back n forth war that people make out. Both are probably better fighters than Gatti n Ward too

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEM AL View Post
                And why is that.
                Gatti-Ward was savage. Just savage boxing. Williams and Maretinez are better than both of them. They have more skill and the first fight was a war but it wasnt close to being as good as Gatti-Ward.

There was a lot of drama in Gatti-Ward fights. Even in the third fight. Gatti broke his hand and still went to war.

I mean remember Gatti having Ward on queer street and Ward was still telling him to come on? That kind of legendary drama doesnt happen everyday.

Naw bro Martinez-Williams shouldnt even be compared to Gatti-Ward until the second and third fight (if it happens) are fought. They have big shoes to fill.

Comment

Gatti-Ward was more heart & power,closest thing to a street fight without legs!!Martinez-Punisher is has more skill involved & to me is more of an underground great fight!!Where as any elite fighter would have gladly jumped into the ring & outbox either Gatti or Ward,just to have a w on their resume over then,the 2 top pfp fighters today wouldn't get anywhere near the Punisher or Martinez right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Gotta agree those two are on another level and will not brutalize themselves to the extent ward and gatti did.
                    **** both serg and p will d ain't that great. Serg is slick but dude def gets hits. p will fights with face.

If this fight is good as the first 1 I could see this being up there. **** why not. They are only top 2 dudes who actually want to fight each other.

But how is their first fight overrated. **** was great fight(I don't even know why I even entertain dudes on BS. Only great fights seem to consist of either 2 mexicans or a mexican vs a p. Rican).

Comment

Working...
                    X