Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito looks jacked, Can't wait for this fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    A lot of Mosley's success against Margarito came not simply b/c of speed but b/c Mosley was able to use larger body to push around/manipulate Margarito. He also really knows how to utilize clinching. Pacquiao is fast and strong, but he's not going to mug Margarito with physical size & clinching. It's completely different.
    It was quite shocking how Mosley moved Margs around the ring but if Pac needs to clinch he will do.. i think unlike Mosley Pac has very good footwork and legs... he is in his prime right now imo

I get the feeling this could look a little like Oscar/Pac
    Last edited by MOTHER DUCKER; 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      I'll explain why I think its a cake walk. You can counter me anytime.

1. Speed Kills: I watched Marg get beat to the punch by punchers much slower than Pac. Margarito has terrible handspeed. Its just not that good. He will not be able to get off first vs. Pacquiao.

2. Foot Speed: Pacquiao lays on the ropes by choice. He has superb footwork and is hard to corner and pin down. Marg is known for cutting off the ring but Pac has elite foot speed. He will dart in and out and turn Marg every time.

3. Marg has lost a step: This one is simple. Watch some 2006 footage then watch him recently. Night and day.

4. The Plaster issue: How hard did Marg really hit? Do we know he wasnt plastered up the past few years? Mosley has a great chin and Marg caught him a few times but looked like he had no snap on his punches. Maybe he was drained or maybe he lost some power due to the wraps being gone. Dont know for sure. Against Garcia he dropped him in the first round to me what looked like a flash KD. Garcia got right up and wasnt on wobbly lgs or anything.

5. Styles: Pop quiz. Name the last lefty Margarito fought. It was Paul Williams. Marg for the first 7 rounds or so looked confused by the speed, workrate and movement. Pac is a master of all 3.

6. Marg's weakness: Bodypunching. Marg can be hurt to the body. We saw a focused body attack vs. Clottey tha worked so much tot he point that Clotty was afraid to feel those in his face.

So IMO no, this fight will not be close and I think its a mis match.
      Here you go Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
        It was quite shocking how Mosley moved Margs around the ring but if Pac needs to clinch he will do.. i think unlike Mosley Pac has very good footwork and legs... he is in his prime right now imo
        I don't think he would be able to clinch Marg.

And, that is one of the reasons why this is a can't miss fight.

It would be very entertaining, potentially FOTY.

Comment

Thats great margo is looking good. Hopefully he makes it look as good as the Pac-Cotto fight. Now that got my juices going man.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            But, he was drained with Shane. He lost 2 pounds in a few hours due to a scale that he didn't have to lose.

Not saying he wouldn't have lost regardless but those 2 pounds could of been crucial with the way he looked.
            Im sure it played a role. But lets not forget that Mosley did what Williams did. When Marg got inside he was clinched.

Mosley used his strength and clinched Margarito and controlled him. It was a style clash at play as well. It wasnt just the weight. Mosley did what Cotto couldnt do. Clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
              Damn i think he could straight up kill pac lol

But who knows Pac could be to fast but damn Margarito looked finished before the Mosley fight started due to all the wrap stuff.. he was mentally gone + a bad match up. If Margs that showed up vs Cotto this could be very bad for Pac

Wow wouldnt that throw boxing and this forum for a loop.

Murderito

Comment

bob arum will be very annoyed if marg turns up n beats pac haha

Comment

I'm almost 100% sure Manny wins this fight. No way Bob Arum loses his cash cow at this juncture. Honestly, if Margarito wins this fight, I would be extremely surprised. EXTREMELY. He doesn't have the skills, and the Mosely fight HAD to have taken something out of him. He got flat-out whooped. Plus Bob Arum is probably gonna' pay him a solid price to make sure Manny wins this. But I'm almost tempted to pay for this fight just to see what happens. By all means, all boxing fans SHOULD boycott it, but these are the fights we all like to see. It promises to be an absolute barn-burner!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post

Wow wouldnt that throw boxing and this forum for a loop.

Murderito
                    Haha im joking but the more i think about it the more i like this fight and think it could be closer.. Margarito lookd like he wanted to snap Roaches neck on in the face off

"does he think i have no arms"

Anyway this is FAR better then the Clottey fight.. i knew from the start that Clottey stood Zero chance

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                      bob arum will be very annoyed if marg turns up n beats pac haha
                      Which is why I'd imagine he's going to pay Marg some money under the table to do the job. No way he let's Manny lose to Margarito. It would ruin him financially.

Comment

Working...
                      X