Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito looks jacked, Can't wait for this fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    lol cherrypick a much bigger guy??? ****ing troll, why don't you just say you're a ****** pachater...much easier to believe.
    What does size have to do with cherry picking? I thought skills won fights? Margarito isnt on the same skill level has Pac. This fight has cherry picking all over it.

1) fight at 150 for the 154 title
    2)Margarito just got his face smashed in by (according to pac fans) an old mosley.
    3)Pac just fought cotto at 145 CATCH WEIGHT now he is fighting Margar at 150 catch weight?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Because Vivian is bigger than Pac you dumb tit.

We're done.
      lol what a moron...i said in my post "much bigger" not just bigger. sure harris was taller than pac but the guy never fought as a welter so him bigger than pac is even debatable. what his usual weight on fight night, do you know dumbo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        I always knew Burner was a Margarito fan. Only reason he didn't want to admit it is cause he didn't want to catch more heat than he usually does. He wanted to be on the **** talking side to fellow Margarito fans. Dude's credibility is ****.
        He should be a Marg fan due to one of his favorite fighters ducking the hell out of Marg in 2006. Even faking a hand injury just so he wouldn't fight him in August of 2006.

I wish it would of happen so Marg could of been on higher level.

Comment

Drew the guy who knocked Pac out fights Floyd and it wont be discussed on ESPN with the same frequency?

Im not buying that at all. The Floyd-Pac fight have been losing its luster since last year.
          It takes time to properly build a fight to do crazy #s. You can walk into any break room in america and out of ten people a handful of people will know who Manny Pacquiao is. Walk into 10 rooms you'll be lucky to get a handful of people who know who Antonio Margarito is. If Margs beats Pac, his name recognition will go up, but this sort of thing does not happen over night. Also, as with Shane after fighting DLH and Mayweather.. The momentum doesn't even always take.

Comment

The merits of the fight are weak.

But, I am excited for this fight is going to be entertaining. IMO a potential FOTY.

Due to their styles is a can't miss fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              Maybe I shouldn't use the word uneducated, but I'll say the majority of boxing fans don't think this is a cakewalk.
              I'll explain why I think its a cake walk. You can counter me anytime.

1. Speed Kills: I watched Marg get beat to the punch by punchers much slower than Pac. Margarito has terrible handspeed. Its just not that good. He will not be able to get off first vs. Pacquiao.

2. Foot Speed: Pacquiao lays on the ropes by choice. He has superb footwork and is hard to corner and pin down. Marg is known for cutting off the ring but Pac has elite foot speed. He will dart in and out and turn Marg every time.

3. Marg has lost a step: This one is simple. Watch some 2006 footage then watch him recently. Night and day.

4. The Plaster issue: How hard did Marg really hit? Do we know he wasnt plastered up the past few years? Mosley has a great chin and Marg caught him a few times but looked like he had no snap on his punches. Maybe he was drained or maybe he lost some power due to the wraps being gone. Dont know for sure. Against Garcia he dropped him in the first round to me what looked like a flash KD. Garcia got right up and wasnt on wobbly lgs or anything.

5. Styles: Pop quiz. Name the last lefty Margarito fought. It was Paul Williams. Marg for the first 7 rounds or so looked confused by the speed, workrate and movement. Pac is a master of all 3.

6. Marg's weakness: Bodypunching. Marg can be hurt to the body. We saw a focused body attack vs. Clottey tha worked so much tot he point that Clotty was afraid to feel those in his face.

So IMO no, this fight will not be close and I think its a mis match.

Comment

Originally posted by EL HANDSOME View Post
                I understand what you mean, and I can tell you're a big Manny fan. I just find it annoying when people say this "if you don't want Manny to win against anyone that isn't Mayweather, then you're not a boxing fan."
                I am a Manny fan, but i'm not a ******ed Manny fan. I think at this particular point in time, how everything has developed.. The entire boxing landscape stands to benefit if a good Ambassador like Manny Pacquiao continues winning as supposed to Antonio Margarito winning.

Comment

Lets hope he knocks Pac out.

lol wishfull thinking. pac is the man fighting all the men floyd too SCARED to step in with.

pac is the realist. floyd is fake. when will you realize that son

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                    It takes time to properly build a fight to do crazy #s. You can walk into any break room in america and out of ten people a handful of people will know who Manny Pacquiao is. Walk into 10 rooms you'll be lucky to get a handful of people who know who Antonio Margarito is. If Margs beats Pac, his name recognition will go up, but this sort of thing does not happen over night. Also, as with Shane after fighting DLH and Mayweather.. The momentum doesn't even always take.
                    Drew. Im a hardcore fan. Whether its HBO PPV or a crappy telemundo stream. Im good either way. I dont care what casual fans think. I mean casual fans still think ODH and Tyson are relevant.

Floyd vs. Pac is a wonderful fight. Sadly given Floyds legal trouble, Pacs penchant for fighting TR fighters and refusal to be tested and the different lawsuits going on between the camps it looks like that fight is on hold for the forseeable future. No?

So. We move on. Whats the next best fight out there? Marg vs. Cotto 2? Marg vs. Floyd? Marg vs. Martinez 2? Margs vs. Williams 2? A Pac-Marg rematch? There are fights to be made. If Floyd-Pac never happens boxing will be fine.

Comment

I'll explain why I think its a cake walk. You can counter me anytime.

1. Speed Kills: I watched Marg get beat to the punch by punchers much slower than Pac. Margarito has terrible handspeed. Its just not that good. He will not be able to get off first vs. Pacquiao.

2. Foot Speed: Pacquiao lays on the ropes by choice. He has superb footwork and is hard to corner and pin down. Marg is known for cutting off the ring but Pac has elite foot speed. He will dart in and out and turn Marg every time.

3. Marg has lost a step: This one is simple. Watch some 2006 footage then watch him recently. Night and day.

4. The Plaster issue: How hard did Marg really hit? Do we know he wasnt plastered up the past few years? Mosley has a great chin and Marg caught him a few times but looked like he had no snap on his punches. Maybe he was drained or maybe he lost some power due to the wraps being gone. Dont know for sure. Against Garcia he dropped him in the first round to me what looked like a flash KD. Garcia got right up and wasnt on wobbly lgs or anything.

5. Styles: Pop quiz. Name the last lefty Margarito fought. It was Paul Williams. Marg for the first 7 rounds or so looked confused by the speed, workrate and movement. Pac is a master of all 3.

6. Marg's weakness: Bodypunching. Marg can be hurt to the body. We saw a focused body attack vs. Clottey tha worked so much tot he point that Clotty was afraid to feel those in his face.

So IMO no, this fight will not be close and I think its a mis match.
                      There are a few things here I disagree with, however I'm at work and can't fully get into each point. However I can say this, there are a lot of variables we dont' know about going into this fight. A lot of questions that can't be answered till they get together. Pac at such a high weight, Pac against a guy who can take his punch, Marg getting the extra lbs of leeway over what he had against Mosley, Margarito coming out with a real fire under his ass, Natural reach and height advantages Pac has never seen before. Whatever the outcome, this fight is really difficult to summarize effectively in a few bullet points.

Comment

Working...
                      X