Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pepper Roach :"If Mayweather made the weight against JMM it would be different story"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    At 135 is would have been a well of a fight.

At 140 it would have been the same damn thing.

JMM is more 126 ,130 pounder.

Even freakin JUAN DIAZ almost KO d JMM in first few rounds in their first fight at 135.

Floyd would never fight JMM at 130,cuz JMM would destroy him.

Comment

I think Floyd would have won either way but by not making weight I think he unintentionally hurt the credibility of this fight somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by CungLe View Post
        2 pounds are alot in boxing,Floyd was killing himself to make even 146 and if he would cut 2 more pounds it would be Sayonara for him.

Agree!! Just like cotto and now Margarito lol talk about self ownage

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
          Mayweather beats Marquez at any weight...period

Any weight except 126,130. JMM would put him to sleep in few!

JMM looked like Burger King at FLOYD S MAYWEIGHT 144 or 146 or what ever!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
            I think Floyd would have won either way but by not making weight I think he unintentionally hurt the credibility of this fight somewhat.
            He was never going to get credit even if he made weight for the fight because JMM moved up two weight classes to fight Floyd and he never fought above 135 before JMM fought Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
              Agree!! Just like cotto and now Margarito lol talk about self ownage
              Thats a different story,Margarito is WW and he even said that after Pac fight he is going down at 147.

And Cotto was 146 against Clottey with chain and panties,so if he took those down he would be 145 like he was against Pacquiao.

Comment

I totally agree. What kills me about Mr. Roaches opion is that mayweather never leaned on Marquez or got physical with him so how come weight made a big difference. They both are counter punchers and Floyd is a more defensive fighter and takes less punishment. Marquez is still great but just not in Floyds league and it would have been a worst beating if they would have fought AT 130, 135 or 140. Floyd was way to good for him then.

Comment

Even freakin JUAN DIAZ almost KO d JMM in first few rounds in their first fight at 135.

I dont think it would be physically possible for Floyd to make 130 at his age, or even 135.

They should have never fought in the first place. I know Marquez called him out, but one can only image how different his career would have been if he hadnt turned down that, what was it 200-500k? for Pacquiao-Marquez 3 and went off to fight Chris John for like 10k.

If he had really worked hard he could have taken care of Pacquiao at that point. No way in hell he lasts past the 6th against Pac these days.

Comment

It's not even that, he would never fight JMM at 130 because he wouldn't want to risk the fight even being competitive, the cards have to be stacked massively in his favour, otherwise he's not interested. I think JMM schools him at a lower weight, what he did to JMM that night was unsportsmanlike and disrespectful both to his opponent, the sport and the paying public.

It's irritating to read *****s talk up his wins over fighters he dragged up in weight, really poor form.

Comment

Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
                      I totally agree. What kills me about Mr. Roaches opion is that mayweather never leaned on Marquez or got physical with him so how come weight made a big difference. They both are counter punchers and Floyd is a more defensive fighter and takes less punishment. Marquez is still great but just not in Floyds league and it would have been a worst beating if they would have fought AT 130, 135 or 140. Floyd was way to good for him then.

Weight makes a difference and thats their are WEIGHT CLASSES.

VIC DARCHINYAN moved up against AGBEKO like few pounds up and he was trowned around the ring by bigger AGBEKO and he move down and he is still best in his division.

Comment

Working...
                      X