Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Klitschkos receive so much hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they are boring ass robots, thats why!

Comment

• What an incredibly silly person you are.

Comment

• They have good defensive skills and to the average boxing fan there is no excitement. There are so dominant and the fights becomes so one sided

Comment

• I thought it was mixed bag, Wlad came out more aggressive than usual, which is great to see, but he did a lot of holding, particularly in round 3 i think it was, there was also another round which they both held a lot in, cant remember which one, although i take the point, Peter was doing a lot of holding himself, more so down the stretch of the fight, plus, Wlad did hit him with some meaty shots and finished the fight in impressive fashion, as i say, hard for me to say whether it was exciting or not, parts of it weren't, parts of it were, lets put it like this, he was brutally efficient if nothing else, the fight also left you with a sense of, how is Haye going to hold onto some of those shots?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
            Losers tend to hate the Klitschkos, because they are men of good character, successful, skillful, intelligent, good looking, educated, much better than the competition, etc.
            Moving on from that more than slightly ****erotic laden praise, I don't think the Klitschko's entice hate. In fact I think that's the main point, they illicit indifference from many fans.

I believe the main reasons are these;

1) The poor state of the HW division in turn reflects badly on their dictatorship of it.

2) Wlad has shown to be vulnerable and has often fought too passively, which is not in boxing fans eyes, is not becoming of the heavyweight champ, particularly in contrast to past champs.

3) I think people want to like them, they just aren't compelled to, by their personalities or their performances.

4) Although given the grand history of the HW division in America I will concede that I am sure there is some ill feeling, at believeing that the titles "belong" in America and not Europe. Which of course is outdated but still hard to swallow for some American fans and broadcasters.

Comment

• The reason i don't like Wlad isn't in the poll so here it is.

Wladimir as a person seems like a really cool dude, from the interviews i have seen he's smart, funny and he has a good sense of humor. It don't really dislike him, i just find him pretty boring to watch, he's extremely cautious and he doesn't take risks, sure he dominates his opponnents but he's just not entertaining to watch.

On the other hand i really like Vitali, i don't know much about him outside the ring but in the ring he's a beast and always comes to fight. Which makes him an entertaining fighter, he is my favorite current heavyweight.

Comment

• To be fair to Wlad, Larry Holmes was hardly what id consider entertaining, infact he was a lot like Wlad in terms of, he would peck you to death with the jab for the entire fight if he could, of coarse he was dragged into a few battles, Norton, Weaver, Williams, but that was not by design, for the most part he was not that exciting to watch, infact the Norton fight was a jabbing contest for how many rounds, it turned into a war toward the end.

That said Holmes had an excellent chin, great jab, tons of championship heart, which he displayed time and again.

Comment

• men with good character dont make hollywood call out promos lathered up and all in black and white.

they also go to entertain and please fans by being exciting and looking for knockouts early and by fighting in different places and fighting the toughest possible apponents and look to unify titles,klits have done none of that.

i dont care where there from ect ect. pure and simple there boring and so safety first when they have the potential to be exciting 1st round type KO artists,but they instead are all safe in putting everyone to sleep before they all wake up after theyve finally knocked out the next fat slow contender.

im sure likes of tyson, lewis and foreman are considering a return watching the division at the moment.

Comment

• It depends on the individual I think.

- Some hate them because they are so dominant

- Some hate them because they are white men.

- Some hate them because of envy (an ugly loser like Teddy Atlas no doubt feels inferior to the K bros)

- Some hate them because of nationalism, either American or UK

- Some hate them because they are better than their favorite fighter (for example, Haye nuthuggers)

- Some feel intimidated by them because of their intelligence and education

- Some people of weak character (drug addicts, criminals and woman-beaters) hate people of strong character like the Klitschkos

- Some hate them because of a combination of the above reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
                      I must have hit a nerve with that post.
                      See, that's EXACTLY what I'm getting at. It's just childish, it's written from the POV of a person who can't see outside their own opinion.

You haven't "hit a nerve", you're just talking crap. There's a difference.

Like I said, Wlad's OWN TRAINER tells him in his corner that he's being boring. The phrase "this is another Imbragimov" mean anything to you?

How this relates to Wlad not being black/British/uneducated/etc etc is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                      X