Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So a man who walks around at 170+ is more comfortable at 140 than 147...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Badguy View Post
    Everyone knows Ricky Hatton is a ****ing fat dude... If you asked me, Early in the Floyd fight, Hatton looked better than he did in any fight after that. I swear Pacs little boylovers will say anything. Just seen a thread full of airheads claim that the Hatton who had been embarrased by Floyd in front of his countrymen a couple fights pryor was better than UNDEFEATED Ricky Hatton....smh... Who cares if he moved up 7 pounds. Why is it cool for Floyd to move up in weight and fight people but it's wrong for people to move up and fight Floyd? smh Floyd destroyed the undefeated Ricky Hatton....period
    It's not so much about how good you are at a weight, but which class you are most competive at. Hattons style is better suited at 140, regardless of what you want to bull****ted yourself into believing.

Comment

Hatton was a better fighter at 140 than at 147, He only had two fights at 147 against a big WW and a small WW at the time but he felt better at 147 against Mayweather because he didn't have to struggle too much to make 147 and he was fighting a guy who isn't big at 147 at the time, He ran back to 140 because he has no one else at fight at 147 who is that small like him and Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Then how do you explain Ricky looking like hot garbage against Luis Collazo at 147 pounds and nearly losing the fight? He looked so bad he went immediately back down to 140 pounds and stayed there until Mayweather gave him a shot to fight him.

Just because someone balloons up after fights doesn't mean they are closer to whatever fat ass weight that is. Hatton was and always will be a 140 pound fighter. Because when he's in shape, that's his best weight class.
        I think its fairly easy to explain it, he fought a tough, rugged southpaw, Luis Collazo in his first fight at the weight! But, I like how people forget that Hatton dropped Collazo with the first left hook he threw in the first round. And, his trainer said that it wasn't the weight that was the problem with that fight. He said that they didn't prepare correctly for that fight.

Was 140 his best weight? Of course it was, he spent basically his whole career there, but at 147 he fought a tough southpaw that was a champ at the time in Collazo and Floyd Jr. The opponents at 147 troubled him, not the weight.

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
        It was never a magical spell at 147lbs that made Hatton struggle. Its the fighters at that weight. Guys with similar styles would give him problems at 140lbs as well.
        I agree with this 100 percent M I. I wish that you would post more, but I understand why you don't as much. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
          didnt know it was easy to look good against collazo. go ask berto

floyd hatton>>>>pacs hatton

if 147 and undefeated hatton could fight 140 hatton, 140 hattons gets his ass whipped

you *******s always quick to downplay floyds win with comon opponents.

just shows that you guys dont feel satisfied with pacroids accomplishments and yall know whats going to happen to him, when hi and floyd meet

insecure much? *******s
          That is such dumb logic.

A 140 Hatton is more at his highest level than a 147.

A 140 Hatton is where msot of his career was.

Pac destroyed him in 2 rounds. He was out cold for how long?

Like Floyd at 130 is ATG for sure, and at 147 he is not considered as good.

Use your brain fool.

Comment

hatton was better at 140lb no doubt
            but i agree with big dunn that the collazo and floyd fights took quite a bit out of him. collazo nearly knocked him out in the last round and floyd knocked him out. he looked good against paulie, but the fight before against lazcano (a career lightweight) he was gettin hurt in that fight too so his punch resistance hasnt been the same

Comment

Originally posted by Pac-KO View Post
              hatton was better at 140lb no doubt
              but i agree with big dunn that the collazo and floyd fights took quite a bit out of him. collazo nearly knocked him out in the last round and floyd knocked him out. he looked good against paulie, but the fight before against lazcano (a career lightweight) he was gettin hurt in that fight too so his punch resistance hasnt been the same
              but i agree with big dunn that the collazo and floyd fights took quite a bit out of him. Don't let your fellow knights and pac stans see this post. You will get your membership took.

The paulie fight helped maintain his marketability here in the US because he looked real bad at 147.

Comment

paulie has pillows for hands....my daughter could whoop his ass...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Then how do you explain Ricky looking like hot garbage against Luis Collazo at 147 pounds and nearly losing the fight? He looked so bad he went immediately back down to 140 pounds and stayed there until Mayweather gave him a shot to fight him.
                  Collazo is the type of fighter that will always give Ricky Hatton trouble. The weight wasn't the problem, it was the style.

Comment

bigg dunn im not too worried about pac stans most of them dont seem to know alot about boxing and make the rest of us pac fans look like idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Hatton was a better fighter at 140 than at 147, He only had two fights at 147 against a big WW and a small WW at the time but he felt better at 147 against Mayweather because he didn't have to struggle too much to make 147 and he was fighting a guy who isn't big at 147 at the time, He ran back to 140 because he has no one else at fight at 147 who is that small like him and Mayweather.
                      This might be the best answer to the this topic.

If I'm being honest about the situation, it really boils down to preference...a win over an undefeated version or a win over Ricky at his best weight. IMO both were great wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X