No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naazim Richardson: Era's Best is Pacquiao, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
    he didn't. Actually he said that he didn't really think that pacquiao could beat him. Which means if u take out the hate from naazim then he basically saying he favors floyd in a head to head fight.
    Let me get this straight, when Naazim agrees with your point of view he's correct, when he disagrees with you he's full of hate???? Sounds like somebody's butt hurt. Plenty of credible people think pac's accomplished a lot more then floyd, get over it. Just like the people who think floyd can do no wrong, everyone's entitled to an opinion. And that dude naazim is one of the most honest figures in boxing, dude can say whatevfer he wants

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      Philosophizing with Naazim Richardson: Mayweather is proven but Pacquiao is the greatest of this era

* September 6th, 2010 9:25 pm PT

Naazim Richardson weighs in on Manny Pacquiao
      Photo: Chris Farina-Top Rank

If ever there was a trainer in recent times who has studied Floyd Mayweather Jr. from top to bottom it very well could be Philadelphia’s Naazim Richardson. After all it was Richardson who guided Shane Mosley into his May 1st bout with Mayweather and despite the duo coming up short against Floyd in Las Vegas it seems strikingly clear that Naazim has an accurate gauge on the superstar once one hears him speak about the Grand Rapids fighter.

Recently Mayweather took the boxing world by storm in a very unfortunate manner with his Ustream tirade against Manny Pacquiao as he insulted the fighter’s culture as well as his skills as a fighter. The backlash from Mayweather’s remarks has been like wildfire but during a recent conversation with the Examiner, Richardson chose not to jump into the topic and instead seemed to hope for the fighter to wake up from the dream he seems to be living in.

“I can’t comment,” Richardson said, seeming to take the high road. “Mayweather has proven himself time and time again so pretty much all we can do is sit back and hope that he does something soon in the ring. The world wants to see him and Manny Pacquiao from what I hear, time and time again, but I don’t think that will become an issue until they both need it. And Pacquiao doesn’t need it.”

At the moment Pacquiao is scheduled for a November 13th clash with Antonio Margarito, a fight that is one of the year’s biggest events despite the initial disappointment in the contest, and the Filipino icon himself has said that he doesn’t need Mayweather. Richardson elaborates that if the two men’s paths never cross that Pacquiao will be fine and at a level higher than Floyd in many regards.

“Pacquiao is in a position where the whole country is behind him and he is sitting at the top of the perch now,” Richardson said with conviction. “He doesn’t have to agree to any testing and he doesn’t have to agree to anything. The kind of money he has made and the kind of performances he puts on right now, if neither one of them fight each other, they are still going to consider Pacquiao the greatest of this era.”
      I didnt bother reading but props to Naz for stating his case

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
        Im pretty sure that he is not saying Mannie is a cherry picked opponent. If Floyd fights Pac, its not him cherry picking, its him stepping up to the plate.
        Well you can't change the narrative. If you look at floyd's resume and think all he has done is cherry pick then you can't change the opinion if he fights manny. Floyd has fought 1st ballot HOF top p4p fighters before. So suddenly haters are gonna give him credit for manny? please.

Like Naz said THEY are always gonna say manny is better if they don't fight. Yet THEY pick floyd to win. Doesn't make sense does it?

Comment

all roads lead to the best skilled fighter today. and thats without question floyd money mayweather jr

Comment

Floyd's "vacation" basically means that he's hoping that time will slow down Manny's offense, so his defense will be more effective. That's obvious. Nazim was very insightful in summarizing Floyd's view of Pacquiao's skills. Nazim didn't want to say that Floyd is fearful, but Floyd's HESITATION to fight Pacquiao is based on not being able to figure out Pacquiao and that his zero losses are heavily at stake. That is a form of FEAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
              Floyd's "vacation" basically means that he's hoping that time will slow down Manny's offense, so his defense will be more effective. That's obvious. Nazim was very insightful in summarizing Floyd's view of Pacquiao's skills. Nazim didn't want to say that Floyd is fearful, but Floyd's HESITATION to fight Pacquiao is based on not being able to figure out Pacquiao and that his zero losses are heavily at stake. That is a form of FEAR!!
              Perhaps Naz is wrong. He didn't hesitate in January. Floyd knows he can wait and still get paid. Its business pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                all roads lead to the best skilled fighter today. and thats without question floyd money mayweather jr
                The Parrot is here again, saying the same thing again and again.... Funny Flip... opps.. Flint

Comment

I'll be respectful with my post.

I think Richardson is one of the thorough trainers in the game today. I'm a little surprised that he didn't mention how Pac camp refused to fight Mosley. But Richardson is classy and isn't going to call no one a ducker.

I agree with him when he says that if Floyd and Pac don't fight Pac will be considered the best in this era. Pac holds the P4P in my book but that doesn't mean he's going to beat Floyd.

I will continue to say Pac does extremely well when fighting boxers who like to bang. So when he fights Margo in November I expect Pac to flatten the big cheater.

But when he faces Floyd, Floyd brings a package that Pac NEVER encountered. Floyd might not be Marvin Hagler or Roberto Duran but that dude is a genius in the ring. Floyd by UD.

Comment

nazim is right. pac takes on all challenges and puts on great fights. floyd ducks all challenges, cherrypicks, and still puts on boring fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post

I hear you, but not all pacfans don't know **** about boxing. And that also applies to the other side of the fence.

I'm just saying that everything's all said and done, the only thing left is them getting in the ring, nothing more nothing less.

I'm sure the true pacfans and Floyd fans are already outta patience and gave up on this fight, after all they've debated, argued and talked about who's gonna win and how the fight will pan out for their respective fighter. They just don't care anymore that's why you rarely see a thread nowadays of the fight breakdown coz everyone know's how Manny will win and how Floyd will win.

The other thing noted, the reason why you get all these idiotic answers outta debates and question from pacfans and floydfans is because AN IDIOTIC ANSWER IS FITTING FOR AN IDIOTIC QUESTION, and that's what's happening right now....bickering, taunting, name calling ****! No one talks boxing no more coz everyone's sick and tired of these two divas.

Now it depends on the person how to react, and as you know as of recent, it's better for the 2nd point, idiocy, for some people, rather than breaking down a fight which may never happen in the 1st place, one other thing is, if they don't know **** about boxing, then idiocy is their candy.

If you get my drift...
                      Good post. Childish comments is coming from both ends when it comes to the fans.. but when it comes to the fighters, only one has made himself look like an insecure child..

Comment

Working...
                      X