Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Manny Pac recent body of work pushed him too..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac is great because he is a 106 pounder beating middleweights.

Comment

Outside of Diaz, above 135lbs, Pac's been taking high-risk fights and not only winning, but exceeding expectations. I think he was somewhere around an 8:1 underdog against De La Hoya? He fought the recognized and lineal Jr. Welterweight Champ (Hatton) at Jr. Welterweight. People were saying Cotto might be "shot" after the Marg fight, but I don't recall anyone saying that any Jr. Welterweight fighter and below would beat Cotto (at 145lbs). Pacquiao did it. Clottey was considered a top welter and a HUGE fighter for his class, but he couldn't win a round against a midget? There's just more skill, pound-for-pound in 147lbs of Pacquiao than there is in 147lbs of the BIGGER and stronger fighters. And now Margarito...soo many questions...is he "shot"...is that chin cracked? That's a huge risk that Pac is taking. Margarito is dedicated to this fight. He's training for the fight of his life. I doubt he was going into his last fight against Roberto Garcia feeling the same way as he is now.

Comment

Good thread I wonder this also. His past resume is better than his last two years, you would think this would trick casual fans, but its tricked those who claim to know boxing also.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          Good thread I wonder this also. His past resume is better than his last two years, you would think this would trick casual fans, but its tricked those who claim to know boxing also.
          And, that is the main reason why he is FOTD, ATG, and P4P elite. He has been on a hell of a run the last 2 years and still not as good as his past resume. F'ing christ the man is unbelievable.

Well now the TS got his answer on why Pac is seen as all that. It cuz of the past resume PLUS the last 2 years.

Comment

people should get over this by now.

manny won fighter of the decade award, and he deserves it. if floyd wasn't going on vacations and actually fought at the welterweight division while its hot, then there might be some argument.

its september for ff's.

Comment

Working...
            X