No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Arthur Abraham: official poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    How do you see this very competitive matchup going?

Who will win? By decision or KO?
    Its tough because i like both fighters, but i think following Abrahams DQ he is going to come out hell bent and probably stop Froch in the mid rounds.

Comment

Arthur Abraham by highlight KO in the 3rd round....I see Abraham coming into this fight with something to prove after what happened in his last fight

I don't think Abraham should take his time and turtle up in the early rounds like he usually does, Froch had no defense and is there to be hit.....Abraham should go for the kill early on

Comment

I am going with the Cobra here, just not too impressed with AA though he is always dangerous no matter how down on the cards he may ever be.

Comment

I feel crazy for saying this, especially considering I'm betting on Abraham, but the more I think about it I see Froch getting a decision based on what he did in the Kessler fight - that is, controlling the range with his awkward jab and upper body movement; clacking Abraham with short uppercuts when the latter charges in with his wide loops; and outworking him overall. So, I voted Froch UD.

I'm not all that fussed about who I want to win, but I'm seriously having doubts about my Abraham bet. Obviously I won't retract it (as if I'd pussy out like that, eh Riz ), but I'm not at all confident in him winning this. As easy as it is to say that Froch will get brutally KO'ed, he could very well surprise us all by stopping Abraham instead, or simply getting a hard-fought UD.

It won't be FOTY, but we'll all enjoy it. I'm sure of that.

Comment

Froch by UD , anybody want a bet on this fight, PM me

Comment

The awkwardness of Froch might make Abraham hesitate a little bit and Abraham always gets off to slow starts so Froch might pull out a pretty good lead, don't think Froch has the feet to get out of Abraham's shots later on in the fight though so I think it'll become a war later on. I favor Abraham is stop Froch late off a right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                I feel crazy for saying this, especially considering I'm betting on Abraham, but the more I think about it I see Froch getting a decision based on what he did in the Kessler fight - that is, controlling the range with his awkward jab and upper body movement; clacking Abraham with short uppercuts when the latter charges in with his wide loops; and outworking him overall. So, I voted Froch UD.

I'm not all that fussed about who I want to win, but I'm seriously having doubts about my Abraham bet. Obviously I won't retract it (as if I'd pussy out like that, eh Riz ), but I'm not at all confident in him winning this. As easy as it is to say that Froch will get brutally KO'ed, he could very well surprise us all by stopping Abraham instead, or simply getting a hard-fought UD.
                I also bet on Abraham, but like yourself, the more I think about it, I realize Froch has a very good chance of winning a decision. His awkward style will be difficult for Abraham to adjust to.

Froch should land more punches. With his longer reach, he'll have an advantage if he works the jab as well as he's capable of.

Comment

Froch puts King Arthur to bed.

Comment

Froch loves a tear-up, and this unfortunately could be his downfall of the fight.

He holds major advantages over Abraham with height, reach, stamina and output. Has a better jab, and if he used ringsmarts - could control the fight at distance. But we all know Froch....and that when he gets tagged big, he wants to prove his macho-ness and go toe to toe.

Abraham's advantage lies in better power, defence (to Froch's non-existent) and conserved energy in which he comes alive more during the mid-to late rounds.

Froch will definitely rack up more rounds through his output as i see Abraham trying to work out Froch's style....but the Cobra's awkwardness will not be that easy to have a plan for. If Froch can neutralise Abraham's offence through bodyshots, he could wear him down eventually and stop him late on. Abe holds a high guard, with Froch's awkward angles...he could benefit from this.

It's Froch's fight to lose more then anything. If he boxes using his advantages, he'd see off a comfortable decision... but going to-to-toe is asking for trouble. Froch has zero-defence, and relies too much on reflex. He's not a mover like Dirrell, so he will not be in and out like Andre did to Abe, and he WILL get hit......a lot. I don't think his chin can withstand so much of the brutal shots Abe will hit him with, and he has been stunned by Dirrell and Kessler, so i have no doubt that Abe can do the same.

With the right gameplan, and a smart head, Froch should win a decision. Going into a battle (in which i see happening) i see Abraham winning through TKO. As of right now, i lean to a Abraham stoppage, but i'll make a final decision closer to the fight.

Comment

The more I think about this fight, the better chance I am giving froch. I had AA by KO within 7 or so, but I think Froch has a good chance to tee off on AA and put him out as well. Its pretty much a 50-50 fight in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X