Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko and Briggs in Kiev (press conference)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
    If you didn't see him holding on to Lewis' waist - literally to keep from going down then you're either blind or you're lying. Sorry. Mod or no mod, keep it real. Watch that last round, ten seconds before the bell and tell me that Vitali wasn't holding on to Lewis' waist to keep from falling over.
    It has nothing to do with moderating, I didn't see Vitali "holding on to keep from falling over."

What I saw is Lewis get hurt bad in round 2. Later I saw Vitali take an awesome uppercut then hold on for a half a second and then walk back to his corner.

I don't have to watch it, I had a better view than you did, I was sitting about 30 feet from the ring and I could hear the punches.

FYI you don't have to call someone a "liar" because they see a fight a different way than you do.
    Last edited by Boxing Scene; 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

briggs had me laughing, he seems like a good dude. also, i didnt realize that he's fought 3 times this year

Comment

Anyway regardles of the non-important Vitali-Lewis fight, I think Vitali has nothing to worry about in this fight, Briggs was dangerous when he was younger but he has no stamina for fighting now, I think Vitali knocks him out in 6-7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          It has nothing to do with moderating, I didn't see Vitali "holding on to keep from falling over."

What I saw is Lewis get hurt bad in round 2. Later I saw Vitali take an awesome uppercut then hold on for a half a second and then walk back to his corner.

I don't have to watch it, I had a better view than you did, I was sitting about 30 feet from the ring and I could hear the punches.

FYI you don't have to call someone a "liar" because they see a fight a different way than you do.
          Fair enough. If you think I called you a liar then I apologize, it wasn't my intention. But I do believe that you were watching with blinders on. There was a very distinct moment in that fight, I forget which round but it was near the end, where Lewis was literally trying to push down on Klitschko's back to get him off. Vitali was holding on at the waist and he refused to let go. If I can find it on youtube I will post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
            Fair enough. If you think I called you a liar then I apologize, it wasn't my intention. But I do believe that you were watching with blinders on. There was a very distinct moment in that fight, I forget which round but it was near the end, where Lewis was literally trying to push down on Klitschko's back to get him off. Vitali was holding on at the waist and he refused to let go. If I can find it on youtube I will post it.
            Tim, HUGE Lennox Lewis fan here. I respect your opinion brother.

Comment

You're right mod, I did imply that you could be lying. My apologies. I don't usually come at people like that.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see Vitali "clinging on for dear life" as he walked back to his corner. Show me a video where he was hanging on so he didn't get knocked out.
                Fast forward to 6:30 of the video. After he gets hit with the overhand he d****s himself all over Lennox and nearly takes him down to the canvas at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  Fast forward to 6:30 of the video. After he gets hit with the overhand he d****s himself all over Lennox and nearly takes him down to the canvas at one point.

Thanks bro. Mod, I don't know your name, that's why I keep calling you that. But this is the clip I was looking for.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see Vitali "clinging on for dear life" as he walked back to his corner. Show me a video where he was hanging on so he didn't get knocked out.
                    Vitali was hurt badly in the 6th round. Started holding after being stunned by a loopy right./ People remember the famous uppercut but it was actually a quick loopy right that put him on ***** street..

Its like the 3rd punch in this gif...

He held on for dear life for the rest of the match...

Comment

Briggs can certainly promote a fight. Hopefully he'll get into decent shape and make it a decent fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X