Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko and Briggs in Kiev (press conference)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Briggs is an extremely likable and intelligent man - he hasn't been relevant in boxing for about ten years though. Where are the Klitschko's finding these old guys?

Comment

Vitali will be riding his bike for the first couple rounds of this fight. Same snoozefest we saw with Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
        I don't know what makes you think Briggs can hurt Vitali when it took Lennox Lewis cuts to stop a fight with him and he was on his feet never hurt once in that fight.
        Because Briggs, whatever his faults, is one of the hardest punching heavyweights around. Plus, the Lennox fight was over seven years ago and, yes, actually he did hurt Vitali on more than one occasion, the most notable one being the enormous uppercut in the sixth which snapped Vitali's head back and had him clinging on for dear life.

Comment

On a side note, Briggs is starting to look more and more like a cross between Bob Sapp and Serena Williams these days. And please Shannon, if you're not gonna shave off that King Tut beard at least apply a little of the Grecian 2000 to it or soon you'll be looking like Black Santa as well.

Comment

Borrowed your video for another thread, thanks man.

Comment

Vitali was never hurt against Lewis? What kind of rubbish is that?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                Because Briggs, whatever his faults, is one of the hardest punching heavyweights around. Plus, the Lennox fight was over seven years ago and, yes, actually he did hurt Vitali on more than one occasion, the most notable one being the enormous uppercut in the sixth which snapped Vitali's head back and had him clinging on for dear life.
                Sorry I didn't see Vitali "clinging on for dear life" as he walked back to his corner. Show me a video where he was hanging on so he didn't get knocked out.

I was at that fight by the way.

Briggs isn's a threat because he has zero stamina. Don't make this out to be a fight it isn't. Briggs hasn't fought a top 10 guy in a couple of years nor has he knocked out a quality guy in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                  Vitali was never hurt against Lewis? What kind of rubbish is that?
                  Vitali was hurt from cuts, but hurt as in about to get knocked out? Well just show me some video where that happened.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see Vitali "clinging on for dear life" as he walked back to his corner. Show me a video where he was hanging on so he didn't get knocked out.

I was at that fight by the way.

Briggs isn's a threat because he has zero stamina. Don't make this out to be a fight it isn't. Briggs hasn't fought a top 10 guy in a couple of years nor has he knocked out a quality guy in a couple of years.
                    If you didn't see him holding on to Lewis' waist - literally to keep from going down then you're either blind or you're lying. Sorry. Mod or no mod, keep it real. Watch that last round, ten seconds before the bell and tell me that Vitali wasn't holding on to Lewis' waist to keep from falling over.

Comment

Vitali was hurt from cuts, but hurt as in about to get knocked out? Well just show me some video where that happened.
                      Who said he was about to get knocked out?

Comment

Working...
                      X