No announcement yet.

The difference between Boxing and MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
    are you ****ing kidding me lets be realistic here you use your mma skills against 3 people and while ass on the ground beating one guy the other two guys will be crushing your dam head in. so yes boxing is a hell of alot more realistic then mma. think about it the adverage person is going to fight one way and that is stand up. like i said the adverage person will be punching until one moron falls then they probly start kicking or stomping their ass their is your mma part of it you happy now
    Do you even understand the English language? I clearly stated that you are acting like an MMA fighter HAS to take it to the ground ALL THE TIME. That isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
      no one has ever called wrestling fighting
      Umm... I know. That was my point. You obviously cannot comprehend the English language.

Comment

Originally posted by BMD View Post
        Do you even understand the English language? I clearly stated that you are acting like an MMA fighter HAS to take it to the ground ALL THE TIME. That isn't true.
        I do and you only use the word "an" before a word that begins with a vowel.

You ****** wanker.

Comment

All I hear from boxing guys is "MMgay". And how a boxer could knock an MMA guys block off.

And I'm not saying that boxing isn't fighting. I'm saying that boxing is only a small part of fighting. Boxing in a boxing match isn't fighting... it's just punching.. it's just boxing. Boxing is a tool of fighting. It's like calling wrestling fighting. Is wrestling fighting? By itself? No. It is a tool of fighting.

MMA as a sport, is the sport of fighting. You can use MOST fighting tools, and diciplines.
          You just contradicted yourself. "Boxing in a boxing match isn't fighting." "I'm not saying that boxing isn't fighting."

Wrestling isn't fighting because it's based on positional dominance. Boxing IS fighting because damage is constantly being inflicted from start to finish.

Also, should I pull up the amount of deaths in boxing compared to MMA and bring them into this argument? After all, people get hospitalized/hurt/injured due to fighting. Boxing is far more dangerous, far more deadly, and more of a fight because two guys beat the hell out of each other throughout the entire duration of the bout.

You can't win with positional dominance where you're just maintaining top position and holding your opponent down (Maynard, Antonio McKee, Jake O'Brien, etc.)

Comment

i know that moron but calling boxing unrealistic in real life situation is the most ******est **** i ever heard and i got your point just making your ****** ass mad.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              They're both "fake" fighting because they're sports. You would not, on a day-to-day basis, fight someone who has been training 4 hours a day for years.

If it was "real" fighting than guns, knives, chairs, etc. would be allowed.
              so wwe is realest one of them all.
              i heard those those bastards even bomb each other

Comment

People like what they like and watch what they watch. There's no reason to compare the sports. You can be a fan of both, you can be a fan of one, or you can be a fan of neither. Why MMA and boxing are supposed to have some rivalry is beyond me. I'm an amateur boxer who did some sparring at an MMA gym today and its not like we all hated each other. We had mutual respect for each other's sports.

Comment

both are fighting sports.

just different styles of fighting.

boxing is just boxing.

mma let's you fight in different fighting styles or mixes of fighting styles.

Comment

Comment

In a real street fight, the two opponents does not have gloves on so basically most of the real street fights end up by a good punch shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X