No announcement yet.

James "Tap out" Toney and the UFC made a mockery out of boxing tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
    Now everyone was saying how they hoped more boxers go into the MMA ring and fight. But what about MMA fighters? Why don't they step up into a boxing ring?
    For one... you can box in mma.. but you can't throw, knee, clinch, kick,pummel, mount or anything in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by figurefour View Post
      mercer also got tapped by the fraud kimbo, which is pretty bad
      that was like 2 years before the mercer/sylvia fight. Mercer's first attempt or one of the first at MMA he didn't know **** about it.

Whereas versus Silvia Mercer was much better and had studied MMA for a bit longer. You can tell this by watching as soon as he knocks Sylvia out Mercer instantly shoots down for a single leg take down which means that MMA knowledge was already pounded in his head for him to reflexively do that so fast.

So the Kimbo fight really doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
        that was like 2 years before the mercer/sylvia fight. Mercer's first attempt or one of the first at MMA he didn't know **** about it.

Whereas versus Silvia Mercer was much better and had studied MMA for a bit longer. You can tell this by watching as soon as he knocks Sylvia out Mercer instantly shoots down for a single leg take down which means that MMA knowledge was already pounded in his head for him to reflexively do that so fast.

So the Kimbo fight really doesn't matter

saw them both, but um, they all matter

although i think the mercer/sylvia fight was much more even going into the fight than couture/toney

and mercer is just one cool MFer anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MuckMuck View Post
          Randy conceded his manhood by admitting he was not capable of standing toe-to-toe man-to-man with Toney. Instead, he went for a take down, which is the cowards way of fighting. True men fight with their hands.
          What is this the 1920s?

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
            Toney sucks and was exposed. Randy would even beat him today in a boxing match.
            He wouldn't let not be ******.

It's two different sports and Randy's striking sucks ass.

Comment

i bet dana paid him xtra by not throwing any punches at all..........

Comment

ufc made a mockery of themselves if you ask me

that was their co-featured main event and it was a complete farce i've seen some terrible **** in boxing before but that fight last night took the biscuit

lol at those gay commentators

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS RULES!

fcking idiots seriously bunch of meat heads they haven't got the mental capacity to deal with a sport like boxing

let one of their lot come and stepped into the ring with and let's see what happens

Comment

Dana White is very smart and knows how to make money and to advertise "his" sport.

Toney is my man but I didn't like his attendance at UFC last night. Toney's only chance at winning would be to trade with Couture and Couture knows his chances are better on the ground - he took advantage of that from the first bell. No risks were taken. No way Couture would stand and trade with Toney.

Toney talked a lot of smack but I think he knew he would lose. He did it for money and all the smack he was talking was only to hype the fight and get the majority up on their feet. He probably earned a lot more in those 3 minutes than he has gotten in recent years as a boxer.

I have really mixed feelings about this. I still love Toney as a boxer but I wish he never took this fight. Did Toney get embarassed? I don't really think so. He went against one of the best in UFC's (short) history and against a great wrestler too. But this fight was not necessary, IMO. That's why I think money is the most logical answer to why Toney even took this fight.

Dana White must be smiling right now cause the stock on UFC has risen to new levels and the mainstream (UFC) crowd would probably take a piss on boxing in the coming months.

Toney will be back. I'm sure. I just hope it would be in a boxing ring rather than the octagon.
                  Last edited by Main Source; 08-29-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

just look at mercer vs sylvia its all good.....

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
                      ufc made a mockery of themselves if you ask me

that was their co-featured main event and it was a complete farce i've seen some terrible **** in boxing before but that fight last night took the biscuit

lol at those gay commentators

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS RULES!

fcking idiots seriously bunch of meat heads they haven't got the mental capacity to deal with a sport like boxing

let one of their lot come and stepped into the ring with and let's see what happens
                      They already have you ***ing moron!!!

The fighter on the undercard Marcus Davis was a pro boxer for years and years and he lost last night too. And he has actually been training in MMA for years.

Seriously how ignorent are you ***ing people.

Comment

Working...
                      X