Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana-DeMarcus Corley Results From Luna Park

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man if corley cant knock down maidana what does khan think he will do.Lets see what the Khan supporters have to say

Comment

Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
      man if corley cant knock down maidana what does khan think he will do.Lets see what the Khan supporters have to say
      and what makes you think corley can punch?

Comment

Originally posted by projectpaki View Post
        maidan got the decision tonight but was not impressive at all... the fight was much closer than what the judges had it and the ref REFUSED to take any points away no matter how many times maidana hit chop chop behind the head- that was ridiculous
        I have said this all the time maidana is a ****ing dirty ass fighter he hit behind the head to ortiz to the previous fighter whos last name was callo if im not mistaken not only that he hit him with a vicious punch after 2 seconds went by when the bell ran that knock him down instead the ref let him hit him on the back of his head and didn't even give the boxer time to recuperate.

Besides all that maidana has a weak chin he won't get far with his future unless he keeps facing light opposition. Would like to see ortiz rematch him so he can put an ass whopping on him like he was doing the first time around but this time if he boxes and is smart it will be a ko or tko for ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by periks19 View Post
          I have said this all the time maidana is a ****ing dirty ass fighter he hit behind the head to ortiz to the previous fighter whos last name was callo if im not mistaken not only that he hit him with a vicious punch after 2 seconds went by when the bell ran that knock him down instead the ref let him hit him on the back of his head and didn't even give the boxer time to recuperate.

Besides all that maidana has a weak chin he won't get far with his future unless he keeps facing light opposition. Would like to see ortiz rematch him so he can put an ass whopping on him like he was doing the first time around but this time if he boxes and is smart it will be a ko or tko for ortiz.
          i agree that that 6th rnd ortiz was getting his **** handed to him but i think if he had lasted the round he would have been able to regroup and come back to win, i remember him dropping maidana 3 times too... maybe ortiz was too young and immature and thats why he gave up but watching his last few fights it has seem ortiz has smartened up... def think a rematch would go the other way

Comment

I always said that Maidana was severely being overrated.

Comment

maybe kahn will be quicker to jump on Maidana after seeing this fight. I'm sad Maidana didn't knock him out, I'm sad I didn't see this match up en vivo. Boxing needs to unify for the millionth time. i shouldn't have to figure out what time zone to stream this match or that match. If i get HBo AnD ESPN, i shouldnt miss a fight like this. or bee forced to track down fights in different time zones. UNIFY boxing already. Why doesnt this sport draww the same as soccer? drunk ****s like me?

Comment

Just like i thought......

Some of you guys on this site are so quick to jump on band wagons and not look at a situation or fight or fighter for what it is. DUDE is over-rated! ORTIZ would smash him in a rematch and KHAN will box his ears off!!!!!!!!! PERIOD! Now, shut up and stop jumping on band wagons because of BOGUSNESS! If you guys still think he will K.O. KHAN and ORTIZ, who are both vasily improved, you don't know boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  I always said that Maidana was severely being overrated.
                  No one claimed that he's a great fighter - and no one gave him any chance of beating either Bradley or Alexander. The only reason most people consider Khan-Maidana an intriguing fight is because Khan's chin hasn't been tested against anyone who can punch since Prescott. And Maidana is a far better fighter than Prescott.

Khan has been cravenly avoiding anyone who can punch, ever since his loss to Prescott, to the extent of GBP effectively bribing his mandatory not to enforce his mandatory status; and until Khan steps up and fights him, the questions about his chin, and about his attitude, will remain.

In any case, it was a sub-par performance by Maidana - he was clearly unfit. The version of Maidana who deserved to win against Kotelnik and the version who beat Ortiz and Cayo would have done much better against Corley and would probably have got the KO. If you are judging him based on one sub-par performance you're delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                    No one claimed that he's a great fighter - and no one gave him any chance of beating either Bradley or Alexander. The only reason most people consider Khan-Maidana an intriguing fight is because Khan's chin hasn't been tested against anyone who can punch since Prescott. And Maidana is a far better fighter than Prescott.

Khan has been cravenly avoiding anyone who can punch, ever since his loss to Prescott, to the extent of GBP effectively bribing his mandatory not to enforce his mandatory status; and until Khan steps up and fights him, the questions about his chin, and about his attitude, will remain.

In any case, it was a sub-par performance by Maidana - he was clearly unfit. The version of Maidana who deserved to win against Kotelnik and the version who beat Ortiz and Cayo would have done much better against Corley and would probably have got the KO. If you are judging him based on one sub-par performance you're delusional.
                    I'm not basing him on this performance. I havent even seen the fight apart from rd 12 on YouTube. I'm basing him mainly on 3 performances: Kotelnik, Ortiz and Cayo.

Kotelnik
                    Domincano Soy (a well respected poster) said that when Amir fought Kotelnik he used Kotelniks own style plus great in- and out footwork to beat him. Amir unloaded, covered up and went in and out. Apart from the footwork it was quite similar as Kotelniks own style: everything behind the jab. If Kotelnik can beat Maidana just imagine what Amir would do to him. Amir has a size advantage, superior speed, a better jab and better footwork than Kotelnik.

Ortiz
                    Ortiz was ahead in the fight. Ortiz fought a ****** fight and went punch to punch with maidana. had Ortiz not done that he would have won. Amir will never go punch to punch with anyone now. Especially not maidana.

Cayo
                    Even this green boxer had some succes against Maidana with his jab and straight right hand. The mistake this guy made was fighting with his hands low and not moving away when having unloaded. Amir does not do that.

Ortiz

Cayo

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                      Kotelnik
                      Domincano Soy (a well respected poster) said that when Amir fought Kotelnik he used Kotelniks own style plus great in- and out footwork to beat him. Amir unloaded, covered up and went in and out. Apart from the footwork it was quite similar as Kotelniks own style: everything behind the jab. If Kotelnik can beat Maidana just imagine what Amir would do to him. Amir has a size advantage, superior speed, a better jab and better footwork than Kotelnik.
                      Kotelnik has a tighter defence than Khan (is much better at blocking effectively), and he has an iron chin. Kotelnik got tagged by plenty of clean power punches against Maidana, but he stood up to them. It remains to be seen whether Khan can stand up to that sort of power. He certainly couldn't against Limond, Gomez or Prescott. His technique has improved massively since then, but his chin hasn't ever been tested since the Prescott fight; and at some point against Maidana, his chin will be tested. Then and only then we'll find out whether he's got a good enough chin now to be considered world class.

And Khan's style is not the same as Kotelnik's. Kotelnik's style is like Abraham's but without the power - a turtle-shell defence. That style will always come undone against very fast fighters with good footwork and a high workrate, which is why he couldn't cope with Khan. Styles make fights.
                      Last edited by Dave Rado; 08-29-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X