Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specific problems wtih (amateur) boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with all due respect but there is NO WAY A HUMAN BEING ON THIS EARTH (especially not in tune with 2 or 4 other judges at the same time) can accurately keep track of the valid scoring blows of two men fighting against each other...its not possible...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      with all due respect but there is NO WAY A HUMAN BEING ON THIS EARTH (especially not in tune with 2 or 4 other judges at the same time) can accurately keep track of the valid scoring blows of two men fighting against each other...its not possible...
      Case in point? EVERY amateur bout of the last 10 years...

I mean, how do two boys throwing 200 punches at each other at the same time end up with a score of 4 to 4????

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        Case in point? EVERY amateur bout of the last 10 years...

I mean, how do two boys throwing 200 punches at each other at the same time end up with a score of 4 to 4????
        did u watch the commonwealth games? The finals were on this morning. I watched about 5 or 6 of them. One fight a scottish guy was landing repeated uppercuts on the inside along wth body shots, the ref led the irish guy away to his corner to get blood wiped of his face, and at the end of the round the score was i think 0-0 (there might have been a point scored in the last 10 seonds, im not sure)

It was a joke, but the right guy won in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          Yeah, I saw some of that in the Olympics, where a guy would get hit by a clean shot but didn't look hurt at all, the referee went and gave the guy that got hit a standing 8 count anyway.

Amateur fights were great in the 80s weren't they? I remember watching some of the amateur fights that happened back then and they were really great, if they were pro fights they would've gotten consideration for FOTY. Nowadays, the amateur fights are really hard to watch, I don't really bother with them anymore.
          guess they want to prevent deaths and injuries but at what rate if its detrimental to the sport?

Comment

Working...
          X