Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyones damage resistance improved as much as pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by South_paw View Post
    If yall would just take an extra step and think of the obvius reason, there would be less stress on you as it seems that Pac seeming so much stronger is such a problem for u.

Did u even consider the fact that 10 years ago, Pac was a less disciplined skinny ass malnutrioned, poorly trained, less skilled fighter than he is that he is under the guidance of Roach?

The key difference of him 10 years ago and now is...........proper mental and physical preparation.

Was that so hard to think of?

haha, its really quite simple. manny was a poor undeveloped teen, but since he hit puberty & became a man, he must be juicing. you cant be even taking this thread topic seriously unless of course you are just trying to find elaborate ways to try & discredit pacman.

Comment

Cotto probably, I don't remember a time when Manny had been dropped with a head shot at 130-135 and below I mean it makes sense that he's fighting slower guys and he can see where the punches are coming from. It's also feasible that he's learnt to roll with punches more and position himself so that the majority of punches he's hit with have most of their sting taken out of them because they're off balance.

Cotto at 140 was dropped by lesser punchers than Judah, Mosley, Margarito and he steps up in weight and proves he can take a beating and not get stopped and was only knocked down against Pacquiao (I don't consider the Knee's he took against Margarito to be legit KD's in that it was the punch that cause him to go down)

Haye has also improved, he was dropped by an old Thompson, Mormeck and Mock but fighting much heavier guys where he was hit a little (not a lot) but didn't seem hurt at all against Ruiz and Valuev obviously they hit harder than Mock, Thompson and Mormeck.

People are so short sighted, it's like Pacquiao is the only fighter who's punch resistance has improved ever. Go back in time again and you'll see Henry Armstrong who was KO'd in his first fight and went 100's of fights before suffering another knockout to Fritzie Zivic many years later.

Comment

henry armstrong got knocked out at 122 how the hell did he go the distance with sugar ray robinson at 147? muhammad ali was nearly knocked out by 185 pound henry cooper how did he take george foreman's punches? looks like i found a couple more cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by swizz View Post
          only one athlete has gotten better with age like pac is barry bonds
          THen your knowledge of sport is EXTREMELY limited

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            I'm impressed with how much stronger he's gotten myself. Usually when fighters are in so many wars, they slow down. Manny, however, seems to get stronger with every fight. No signs of slowing down whatsoever.

His ability to take a punch is pretty good too
            Firstly he has slowed down.

Secondly a 5 foot 6 guy losing so much weight, I'm not surprised he got rocked and hurt so low. Clearly he is bigger and stronger however.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Cotto probably, I don't remember a time when Manny had been dropped with a head shot at 130-135 and below I mean it makes sense that he's fighting slower guys and he can see where the punches are coming from. It's also feasible that he's learnt to roll with punches more and position himself so that the majority of punches he's hit with have most of their sting taken out of them because they're off balance.

Cotto at 140 was dropped by lesser punchers than Judah, Mosley, Margarito and he steps up in weight and proves he can take a beating and not get stopped and was only knocked down against Pacquiao (I don't consider the Knee's he took against Margarito to be legit KD's in that it was the punch that cause him to go down)

Haye has also improved, he was dropped by an old Thompson, Mormeck and Mock but fighting much heavier guys where he was hit a little (not a lot) but didn't seem hurt at all against Ruiz and Valuev obviously they hit harder than Mock, Thompson and Mormeck.

People are so short sighted, it's like Pacquiao is the only fighter who's punch resistance has improved ever. Go back in time again and you'll see Henry Armstrong who was KO'd in his first fight and went 100's of fights before suffering another knockout to Fritzie Zivic many years later.
              Originally posted by daggum View Post
              henry armstrong got knocked out at 122 how the hell did he go the distance with sugar ray robinson at 147? muhammad ali was nearly knocked out by 185 pound henry cooper how did he take george foreman's punches? looks like i found a couple more cheaters.

its quite simple & we really dont even have to go back to boxing history to figure this out. its human male development 101. according to the thread starter manny getting stronger as he gets older is su****ious.

just ask yoursefl this question guys,

are you stronger now as a grown man or as a pre pubescent teen?

Im 35 years old & im somewhat in shape. I was in better shape when i was in my teens but im still a stronger man now than i was in my teens.

now imagine a professional boxer who started boxing at 16 years old, going through puberty, getting better nutrition, training & just overall living conditions. stands to reason that he would be stronger now than he was back when he was a teen living in abject poverty in a thirld world country.

as for the punch resistance, look at manny's face after the cotto fight. he was roughed up. look at his fight vs clottey where clottey barely landed. he was bruised up. there's nothing abnormal going on if you use normal logical intelligent analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                that was a old shot henry armstrong too that faced ray robinson. roberto duran started at 118 but ended up knocking down middleweights. how on earth could his punch resistance hold up?

Comment

if anybody had done what Manny has done, or anyone has already improved the way he did Manny wouldnt be ATG or a GREAT fighter. thats the definition of "GREATNESS". doing something nobody has ever done or hasnt been done in a while.

keep on bringing back 10 yrs ago is so S T U P I D. its like you guys are saying nobody can improve specially if you dont like the fighter? like Manny has no way would be this good because he was knocked down long time ago? Manny had no proper training, no money to spend, fighting in just weeks notice. What Manny has is better that what you call skills. Manny Pacquiao has a HEART.

Comment

What kinda drugs is Floyd on to not have been dropped before?

Comment

just look at this interview. pacman's face was a wreck along with a busted eardrum.

apart from manny, there's been countless fighters throughout history who have moved up in weight much more pronounced than than manny & have been successful too. a lot of fighters. it only seems otherworldly now with manny because he is collecting belts that didnt exist back then.

Comment

Working...
                      X