Collapse
No announcement yet.

dan goosen offers couture the same payday to box toney after the mma fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not turn boxing into a circus act. UFC have to stage these mickey mouse events. Would any one accept a guy who has never fought in professional boxing before headlining on PPV?

We don't need to stoop to their level.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
      when did Couture admit he "sucks" at boxing? To my knowledge Couture used to box a bit and is considered one of the better pure boxers in UFC
      I agree with the first part, though not the second.

I believe Couture did train in boxing in the past. He has some technical skills, and has shown some of these skills in his fights.

I don't think anyone's ever considered Couture to be one of the better boxers in MMA though. It's simply something he has in his tool belt, but not something he's highly regarded for.

Comment

More to the point, what commission would sanction a 47 year old man fighting James Toney in his debut?

Not that there was every the least bit of possibility that this fight would go through, but this fact displays the lunacy of Goosen's comments.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          So what you are saying is Couture was a coward because he used stratagy and and took away all his opponents strengths?

What kind of stupid fuking logic is that?

Seriously your argument is basically Randy is a coward because he didnt let Tony hit him. Fuking stupid!!!
          You missed my point entirely. I feel like If Im Randy, This is a crossover fight, I know theres certain techniques I can use that hes proably never heard of and win. But what does that prove? A boxer can be beat by a MMA fighter if the MMA fighter goes directly for a tackle and then a choke?(some **** the boxer has clearly no trainning on) Randys spoke of as some master dirty boxer and said to have great punch power, why not land one punch and take one punch just to end that "myth" that boxers will KO any MMA fighter with a Jab and MMA fighters punch Like ******* thats why they wear 4oz gloves. He couldve went toe to toe with Toney for 30 seconds just to allow a glimpse at how a boxers skill would play out in a MMA fight. Instead he went for the easiest road to victory, He didnt even have the nuts to ground and pound. He couldve got up and tackled toney again and again. But he instead decided to pillow punch for 30 seconds then take another 45 to choke out a guy whose never been in a submission a day in his life. I would say the ame about Toney if Randy were to face him in a Boxing match and he jabbed, danced and clinched to a 12 round decision instead of KOing Randy.

Comment

Boxing James is equal to James doing a wrestling match with Randy. the reason MMA is more fair because both of them are allowed to use their best weapons.

sorry you guys cant figure that out. and randy doesnt think he can beat james in a boxing match. james wasnt as respectful. No mma guy thinks they can beat james in a boxing match

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              More to the point, what commission would sanction a 47 year old man fighting James Toney in his debut?

Not that there was every the least bit of possibility that this fight would go through, but this fact displays the lunacy of Goosen's comments.
              Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they have to sanction the fight with Toney in his MMA debut?

Comment

Couture didnt call Toney or Boxing out, he doesnt care. It's Toney that started this **** and got clowned. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Couture didnt call Toney or Boxing out, he doesnt care. It's Toney that started this **** and got clowned. Sad but true.
                  Toney is ******ed everyone with a bit of common sense knew he was going to get clowned, White built it up as a big deal, Toney fought him in an MMA match it's only fair that Couture fights him in a boxing match to even **** out. Toney had the balls to step in his arena he should have the balls to step in Toney's.

Comment

Only to you.

Couture showed his back. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Corleone View Post
                      Let's not turn boxing into a circus act. UFC have to stage these mickey mouse events. Would any one accept a guy who has never fought in professional boxing before headlining on PPV?

We don't need to stoop to their level.
                      When you was "we don't need to stoop to their level"...who exactly is the "we" you are referring to?!?

There are so many different boxing orgs out there a guy can't even begin to keep up. How are "you" going to be able to stop anybody from choosing to participate in "your" sport if they want to?

And why shouldn't the UFC have actually considered James Toney to be a legitimate contestant? The dude had only lost 6 out of 80+ fights in his professional boxing career...and boxing is considered to be one of many legitimate "martial arts".

I haven't watched Toney's fights over the last few years, but I do still wonder sometimes why, despite his age and lack of a six pack, why boxing fans completely dismiss this guy as a can now. His record is 19W-2L-1D-(2NC) in his last 24 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X