No announcement yet.

dan goosen offers couture the same payday to box toney after the mma fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux View Post
    when did Couture admit he "sucks" at boxing? To my knowledge Couture used to box a bit and is considered one of the better pure boxers in UFC
    Couture admit he would lose in a boxing match on the ESPN MMA Live post fight show.

Your knowledge is incorrect. Couture is known for hugging people and pillow punching them to decisions (seriously).

Comment

Randy declined the challenge in the post UFC 118 conference

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
        You realized that Randy is humble and he realizes when he's way out of his league right? He wasn't ****** enough to harass boxing promoters and claim he would KO all of them in a round because they all have glass jaws and punch like girls.

Please do research. No "asset" was taken away from the boxer, if anything, more call options were presented to both parties and the one better prepared for a FIGHT walked out with his hand raised. Suddenly, we need to see Randy get his wrestling taken away to save our sport some face. This post Toney Couture insecurity on the part of boxing fans is embarassing
        true about toney calling out mma and trying to get a payday. since this fight was signed, just look at my other posts on this subject if you will, but i've been saying that if this fight goes down, and since the advantages are so far spread apart, that couture needs to fight in a boxing match vs toney, OR a top mma guy needs to go up against a top boxer in boxing.

it's apples and oranges. you take wrestling away from the wrestler, he is dead in the water, you put boxing in against wrestling, the boxer will be on his back.

my thing is, it wasn't competitive, and they (couture) didn't even give one thought into making it entertaining, because he knew that one mistake and toney could've had him hurt.

but the fight was the equivalent to taking a beer belly fan out the seats and put him in there with couture, anyone of us had the same chance against couture.

i'm a fan of mma, and a fan of couture's, as well as boxing and toney. boxing first in my dna here.

the asset of toney's was staying on his feet, having fought in a sport where there is no wrestling and your footwork is an asset to your game, that is having an asset taken away, or giving up an asset would be more to your liking, but non the less, it was not there.

it'd be like taking away the wrestling from couture, there are natural instincts that would be taken out of play, the coin flips.

bottom line it was a side show, it did more harm than good, and doesn't answer any questions nor does it prove anything.

apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
          true about toney calling out mma and trying to get a payday. since this fight was signed, just look at my other posts on this subject if you will, but i've been saying that if this fight goes down, and since the advantages are so far spread apart, that couture needs to fight in a boxing match vs toney, OR a top mma guy needs to go up against a top boxer in boxing.

it's apples and oranges. you take wrestling away from the wrestler, he is dead in the water, you put boxing in against wrestling, the boxer will be on his back.

my thing is, it wasn't competitive, and they (couture) didn't even give one thought into making it entertaining, because he knew that one mistake and toney could've had him hurt.

but the fight was the equivalent to taking a beer belly fan out the seats and put him in there with couture, anyone of us had the same chance against couture.

i'm a fan of mma, and a fan of couture's, as well as boxing and toney. boxing first in my dna here.

the asset of toney's was staying on his feet, having fought in a sport where there is no wrestling and your footwork is an asset to your game, that is having an asset taken away, or giving up an asset would be more to your liking, but non the less, it was not there.

it'd be like taking away the wrestling from couture, there are natural instincts that would be taken out of play, the coin flips.

bottom line it was a side show, it did more harm than good, and doesn't answer any questions nor does it prove anything.

apples and oranges.
          Cant say it any better than this. Its a shame some use this fight as an point or evidence in the Boxing vs MMA debate. What was proven? Boxers are inferior to MMA fighters because Toney was tackled and choked before he could even throw a meningful punch? Couture knew what it was, he didnt use any of his masterful "dirty boxing" techniques that he has displayed throughout his career because he just like everyone else in his camp knew would have been sleep in the middle of the ring if he went toe to toe with Toney. If not then im sure he wouldve have at least tried to prove MMA fighters can take a punch to but noooooo he didnt even get in range for toney to land a jab.

Just like Duece said its apples to oranges, you cant use this fight as evidence to prove anything. If couture has the balls to box Toney in a Boxing match he dosent last 3 rounds unless Toney wants to drag out a punishment. Hell I'd take Holyfield,Lewis and Tyson today over Couture in less than 3 rounds in thier CURRENT versions.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post

Couture did what he needed to win and he executed his plan perfectly finishing it inside 1. Can't complain about that.

No asset was given up, had Toney actually trained seriously, he would've known how to actually defend the shot and keep it on his feet rather than yielding and falling over like a tub of goo. Toney showed that he knew nothing about how to stay standing or get back up. All he had to do was know how to sprawl and he could box all night if he wanted to. Had he actually shown any sign that he knew what he was doing I would be more sympathetic

Comment

It doesn't even have to be a pro-fight. Make it an exhibition match. Or better yet, have Rnady put on his headgear, meet Toney at Wild Card Gym or whatever gym. Go a few rounds of friendly sparring with Toney. Have Elie Seckbach record it and post it on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                Couture did what he needed to win and he executed his plan perfectly finishing it inside 1. Can't complain about that.

No asset was given up, had Toney actually trained seriously, he would've known how to actually defend the shot and keep it on his feet rather than yielding and falling over like a tub of goo. Toney showed that he knew nothing about how to stay standing or get back up. All he had to do was know how to sprawl and he could box all night if he wanted to. Had he actually shown any sign that he knew what he was doing I would be more sympathetic
                i don't care how much he trained for couture and wrestling takedowns. PROFESSIONALS IN MMA CAN'T DEAL WITH COUTURES TAKEDOWNS AND GROUDN GAME, what makes anyone think that toney having a training camp with LEARNING takedowns defense as well as other training and most importantly, dropping weight and building stamina, is going to have or show any improvements or show having learned anything inside the cage? what makes people think that he was even VIABLE against couture with mma rules with his amount of wrestling and mma experience.

you can't learn it in one training camp, you can't learn how to deal with coutures mma game unless you're a life long wrestler and mma practitioner.

how the hell is a life long boxer, out of shape boxer, a ring rust boxer, going to have any kind of knowledge in mma wrestling skill and implement it against a seasoned, highly skilled at his craft veteran? he's not, he has no instinct in that sport and has nothing to fall back on when things aren't going his way, he has no defense against what is happening to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakutogi-Gumi View Post
                  Why should Couture accept a boxing match when he freely admitted he sucks at boxing?

Listen. It was Toney who wanted to fight in MMA. It was Toney who was pestering everyone for a match. He's finally getting his wish. But after that, he has no pull.

Goossen is trying to cover Toney's back if and when he fails. It's a ****** and outdated trap. If Randy accepts, he gets his ass kicked for a silly sense of pride and all you *******s be jumping for joy in vindication, ultimately proving nothing that we already know. If Randy doesn't accept, Toney and Goossen and all you idiot followers will freely and immaturely question Couture's manhood when has nothing left to prove then the obvious, making Toney look like the bigger man in the "boxing world".

In the end it's lose-lose for Randy and the only people getting satisfaction out of it are idiot boxing fanboys.
                  I mention this before and I got Red K for it.

Keep on doing it. Doesn't make it any less true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
                    Cant say it any better than this. Its a shame some use this fight as an point or evidence in the Boxing vs MMA debate. What was proven? Boxers are inferior to MMA fighters because Toney was tackled and choked before he could even throw a meningful punch? Couture knew what it was, he didnt use any of his masterful "dirty boxing" techniques that he has displayed throughout his career because he just like everyone else in his camp knew would have been sleep in the middle of the ring if he went toe to toe with Toney. If not then im sure he wouldve have at least tried to prove MMA fighters can take a punch to but noooooo he didnt even get in range for toney to land a jab.

Just like Duece said its apples to oranges, you cant use this fight as evidence to prove anything. If couture has the balls to box Toney in a Boxing match he dosent last 3 rounds unless Toney wants to drag out a punishment. Hell I'd take Holyfield,Lewis and Tyson today over Couture in less than 3 rounds in thier CURRENT versions.

So what you are saying is Couture was a coward because he used stratagy and and took away all his opponents strengths?

What kind of ****** ***ing logic is that?

Seriously your argument is basically Randy is a coward because he didnt let Tony hit him. ***ing ******!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                      You guys want to see a guy with ZERO boxing skill what so ever against one of the greatest technicans of this era? You guys are sick, Couture could quite possibly get badly hurt in a boxing ring so a BIG no thanks to that. There is nothing for Toney to prove against Couture in a boxing ring, he would get dismantled in less than a round or two, honestly it wouldn't be a good for Coutures health to step in a boxing ring. No thanks
                      The UFC "announcers" actually said something to the effect that in a boxing ring Toney would "probably" beat Randy.

Get the fuck out of here with your "probably." This would be one of the biggest mismatches in history.

Comment

Working...
                      X