Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito!! or NO FIGHT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    he is. If anything Perro is all about his money and isn't afraid to voice his opinion about it. It's the people who are getting a piece of his pie that of question now. Do not be surprised to see Perro fight next year instead of this year.....Feb 5th to be exact
    Good for the guy. Dude is a warrior in there always a good fight.

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    don't feel too bad for Chad a lot of this falls on him and his lack of true boxing acumen and no business savvy. His deal with Jay Prince is a real bad one but one he willingly went into. He chose his manager Mike Criscio etc etc
    Dude got a deal with J.Prince? (rap-a-lot)? If so, he should have known better. Never heard of mike, but anybody dealing with Prince deserves what's coming.

because I think now they are both in a spot where they truely can be the champ of this thing and realized they have to fight each other for it. I heard that they wanted their fight to be the final and Showtime laughed
    True. I don't doubt that they would probably be the last two men standing, but... damn. Match up is intriguing and the fans want it. The other super 6 fighters willingly fight, should be no exceptions. Not surprised though.

indeed and if you ever at the same event I am let me know I got you for a few beer or drinks
    You got it..and i'll get you on the next few.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-Killer View Post
      If Marg and Pac do 700k PPV, it will generate 38.5 Mil.

Gate from that stadium in Texas? Well if 50k seats are sold and the average is just 30 dollars. Then thats 15mil

So 15 + 38.5 is 53Mil.

I think Pac can make 700k with Marg IMO.

I will assume Marg will take anything since he aint gonna get any other pay days and been out for 1 year.

Even 500k PPV will make them 27.5 Mil on PPV

This is not any money from around the world either.

Ofcourse Pac acn make 22.5 Mil easily.
      You might not know this, but half of the PPV revenue goes the cable outlet showing the PPV. Pac/Clottey had 50,000 in attendance at Dallas Cowboys stadium and the live gate was only $5.8 million because the ticket prices were dirt cheap or were given away. This fight won't generate more than 500,000 PPV buys, I doubt the live gate will not be as much as it was with Clottey, and there is no way that it will generate enough money to pay Pac $22 million. You can't compare this fight to Mayweather's fights. Mayweather/Mosley had a live gate of $11 million with only 15,000 in attendance. It also had PPV numbers of 1.4 million, not including the buys at the movie theaters. Also, GBP made millions more in sponsorships, raising the total take tremendously. If Pac/Margarito has any sponsors, it won't be nearly as many as Mayweather/Mosley.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        You might not know this, but half of the PPV revenue goes the cable outlet showing the PPV. Pac/Clottey had 50,000 in attendance at Dallas Cowboys stadium and the live gate was only $5.8 million because the ticket prices were dirt cheap or were given away. This fight won't generate more than 500,000 PPV buys, I doubt the live gate will not be as much as it was with Clottey, and there is no way that it will generate enough money to pay Pac $22 million. You can't compare this fight to Mayweather's fights. Mayweather/Mosley had a live gate of $11 million with only 15,000 in attendance. It also had PPV numbers of 1.4 million, not including the buys at the movie theaters. Also, GBP made millions more in sponsorships, raising the total take tremendously. If Pac/Margarito has any sponsors, it won't be nearly as many as Mayweather/Mosley.
        no. pac clottey gate was only 4.2mil

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
          this thread needs to be closed. it brings disrepute onto boxingscene.
          You could say this about 98 percent of the threads posted on this site. I would bet that you have a problem with this one because it says something negative about Manny Pacquaio instead of Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
            no. pac clottey gate was only 4.2mil
            I stand corrected!

Comment

• lol 33 pages in less than 12 hours

Comment

• whoa.. lots of boxing heads here.. watz up!

Comment

• Personally, i don't mind if Pac asks for a hundred mill. Just as long as the fight gets made, then i'm good.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Interesting take.

In my own head Im trying to piece together why Manny hasnt signed yet. I dont think its the venue, I dont think its Margs license stuff. I originally thought Arum was waiting on Floyd and King to do something but money issues crept into my head as well.

I feel as if Manny knows he missed his biggest payday 2 fights in a row because Arum wants to keep stuff in house. I think he wants to get paid that career high payday before he hangs them up.

So its all speculation ofcourse given that sources arent named often. But when I think of reasons of why this isnt signed yet this one seems to be a valid logical reason. How much weight it holds we'll see in the next few days or so.

Comment

• Anyone think he's ducking? I feel he might be. What 5'6 midget would want to fight a 5'11 Mexican who won't be phased by his shots?

Just throwing that possibility out there.

I personally want to see this fight based on viewing pleasure, but I can't say I'm pleased on the affects it has on boxing itself. It's so disgraceful a cheater gets this chance. Neither guy deserves a shot at the title, let alone at the weight limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X