Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slick african american style is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick boxers have damn near ruled boxing forever. But swammers have giving a lot of slick boxers trouble

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      The slickest and greatest of them all got battered by brawling Joe Frazier. Guess which of the 2 has speech problems
      Um.... both.

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
        Slick boxers have damn near ruled boxing forever. But swammers have giving a lot of slick boxers trouble

No they haven't. Hel they arn't even ruling boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          George Benton ?, don't think he invented it he was just a prominent user of it.

Wouldn't say that Locche used a Mayweather type defense, he seemed to have 3 different stances which he changed through at random intervals and obviously depending on the situation, the shoulder roll was one of them though.
          Yeah :/, find it funny when the hardcore Floyd fans say that they invented it.
          Correct. It was used before George Benton was even born. SOme people have no clue what they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
            Slick pure boxers have always ruled boxing, brawlers always get whooped on and they have short careers that end with them having speech problems.
            Like Monzon,Duran,Chavez,Hagler,Tyson,Dempsey,Patterson ,Joe Louis,Marciano,Frazier??

Even Robinson wasn't slick in my opinion...

This word "slick" is kinda like a myth,I prefer terms like skilled,fast,mobile fighters...elusive...

Comment

No style has ever ruled boxing and no one style will ever rule boxing.

I will say this though fighters like Duran and Chavez had more skills and defense with the come forward pressure style than fighters like Margarito and Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Like Monzon,Duran,Chavez,Hagler,Tyson,Dempsey,Patterson ,Joe Louis,Marciano,Frazier??

This word "slick" is kinda like a myth,I prefer terms like skilled,fast,mobile fighters...elusive...
                obviously there are exceptions throughout the entire history of the sport

i acctualyl agree with your opinion but your way to argue it is ******ed. also duran is one of the slickest fighters to ever live, later in his career ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Would you consider them swammers? The type of style that has giving slick fighters trouble

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
                    Would you consider them swammers? The type of style that has giving slick fighters trouble
                    not all of those guys are swarmers, but some of them are. in fact, i think boxer/punchers are more difficult for slick fighters to deal with than swarmers are. jcc is a boxer puncher, tyson wasnt really a swarmer either. more of an infighter. mozon could swarm but his skills extended beyond that.

all in all, i think the best boxers are those who dont have to just fight in one style.
                    Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 08-16-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

When people say "slick" they tend to mean athletic, and more often than not, black fighters are the most athletic boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X