No announcement yet.

Slick african american style is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Only in NSB does the idea that the "slick african american" style is somehow superior exist. Propagated only recently by *****s and pachaters. But boxing history shows us time and time again the "slick" style beaten and battered by styles that were supposedly tailor made for them.

Chad Dawson outworked by Jean Pascal

Zab Judah beaten by slow plodders Kostya tsyu and Carlos Baldomir

Roy Jones jr beaten by southpaw Antonio Tarver

Pernell Whitaker stretched to the limit by come forward Julio Cesar Chavez.

And even Floyd Mayweather himself arguably beaten by 1dimensional Jose luis Castillo.

I`ve read that Chad was unmotivated i hav`nt seen the fight so i can`t comment.

Roy was past his prime and weight drained.

Pernell Whitaker dominated Chavez go watch the fight with glasses.

Floyd fought Castillo with hurt Shoulders and Dominated Castillo in the Rematch.I like how you left that out.

Zab is a slick fighter with poor defense so he`s semi-slick.

Generally slick fighters beat fighters with other styles unless the other fighter is significantly faster and have descent skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      I love latino boxers but the fact is you guys have horrible boxing technique. You get your faces smashed up every fight and are basically all brawlers. ODLH was one of the new slicksters that was latino. JCC had pretty nice defense as well.
      Oh dear...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Do you mean like Muhammad Ali?

Anybody who stays in boxing long enough risks serious after effects, no matter what their style was. And your perspective on who has "ruled boxing" is dead wrong.
        Ali was not a slick boxer,he relied on his Athletic ability to win fights and when it faded he had nothing to fall back on cause he never learned how to box in a conventional manner.That is why he wound up with brain damage.

Comment

The slickest and greatest of them all got battered by brawling Joe Frazier. Guess which of the 2 has speech problems
          Name one slick Heavyweight Joe Fraiser beat?I`m always amazed how dum alot of people are.

Ali was not a slick fighter.

Comment

Only in NSB does the idea that the "slick african american" style is somehow superior exist. Propagated only recently by *****s and pachaters. But boxing history shows us time and time again the "slick" style beaten and battered by styles that were supposedly tailor made for them.

Chad Dawson outworked by Jean Pascal

Zab Judah beaten by slow plodders Kostya tsyu and Carlos Baldomir

Roy Jones jr beaten by southpaw Antonio Tarver

Pernell Whitaker stretched to the limit by come forward Julio Cesar Chavez.

And even Floyd Mayweather himself arguably beaten by 1dimensional Jose luis Castillo.
            its obvious youve never laced up a pair. When the "african american" style of fighting is mentioned it refers to quick punches opposed to sitting on your punches. Your do more shoulder rolling, your on your toes using the entire ring, trying not to take alot of punishment fighting....aka pure BOXING. Calzaghe fought as u would say as a "black" fighter would. You also forgot to mention Hopkins and Pep. It's just style, every culture with a rich boxing history has one. Do some research, you'll be alright kid.

Comment

alright, someone please make me a list of the 'slickest fighters of all time'. I really dont know wtf yalls criteria are when it comes to 'slick fighters'.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                Ali was not a slick boxer,he relied on his Athletic ability to win fights and when it faded he had nothing to fall back on cause he never learned how to box in a conventional manner.That is why he wound up with brain damage.
                So I guess you would describe Ali as a slugger instead of a boxer? Good luck selling that. Ali got hit a lot because he fought on the highest level for many years.

Oh, and Willie Pep ended up with pugilistic dememtia as well. Was he also devoid of boxing skills?

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  what is up with this 'african american' style? Nicolino Locche used a floyd Mayweather esque defensive style years and years before even Mayweather's father, and a few Argentinians before him have used that kind in the past. I love it when peopel act like Flyod Sr. 'invented' that stance.

whats more, guys like Benny Leonard were using this 'slick' style back in the early parts of the 1900s.

what people are stupid about is that they dont recongnise that every single style EVER had a weakness. I mean look at Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong, two of the widely received greatest fighters of all time...contrary to opular belief, NEITHER of them were really slick boxers, they were both offensive oriented fighters.

Nicolino Locche fights nothing like Floyd.He relied on his fast reflexes more then Floyd and threw punches from unorthodox angles.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    Oh dear...
                    lol^^^^^^ These guys do know all races dont fight the same..right??

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      So I guess you would describe Ali as a slugger instead of a boxer? Good luck selling that. Ali got hit a lot because he fought on the highest level for many years.

Oh, and Willie Pep ended up with pugilistic dememtia as well. Was he also devoid of boxing skills?
                      Pernell became a drug addict later in his career so nice try.

Comment

Working...
                      X