Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Jones beat Ruiz, you think he coulda beat Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
    I don't agree, but that's another argument (very long one at that) for another day.
    Well when you pay someone millions of dollars not to fight you, there aint really much argument.

Comment

it was Lewis who turned down the fight snubbing a $35 million + PPV offer from HBO saying he had nothing to prove by fighting a middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Well when you pay someone millions of dollars not to fight you, there aint really much argument.
        Again this would be a long argument and I'm too tired right now. I'll debate this with you another day but there is more to it than that. I'm sure you know that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          it was Lewis who turned down the fight snubbing a $35 million + PPV offer from HBO saying he had nothing to prove by fighting a middleweight.

Source? I'm sure you have one.

Comment

I'm still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
              I heard they were in negotiationsafter that fight. If it did go down you think Roy's speed could have messed Lewis up? Hell why didnt they do Jones - Tyson lol that woulda been cool
              Jones Jr wanted to fight Tyson. He said it himself.

Back to your question. Lewis would disrupt Jones' speed advantage by his jab. I don't see how Lewis could lose this.

Comment

Lewis would of shattered that glass with a stiff jab

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                  heavyweight, and lets be honest here. The reason Byrd never fought Lewis is the same reason Roy didn't. They were both too small to beat him.
                  Lewis vacted his IBF belt to avoid facing Byrd, who was his mandatory at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                    I heard they were in negotiationsafter that fight. If it did go down you think Roy's speed could have messed Lewis up? Hell why didnt they do Jones - Tyson lol that woulda been cool
                    You kidding me? Lewis would of knocked him out cold in 1 or 2

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
                      Lewis vacted his IBF belt to avoid facing Byrd, who was his mandatory at the time
                      Yeah, I'm sure it was because he thought he'd lose, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X