Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Jones beat Ruiz, you think he coulda beat Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Jones beat Ruiz, you think he coulda beat Lennox Lewis?

I heard they were in negotiationsafter that fight. If it did go down you think Roy's speed could have messed Lewis up? Hell why didnt they do Jones - Tyson lol that woulda been cool

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
    I heard they were in negotiationsafter that fight. If it did go down you think Roy's speed could have messed Lewis up? Hell why didnt they do Jones - Tyson lol that woulda been cool
    They didn't do it because both Lewis and Tyson would murder Jones Jr. at heavyweight. Jones Jr. and his camp purposely picked the weakest belt holder to fight.

Comment

Nope, don't think so. But he should have opt for Lewis, it was a win win situation.

Comment

RJJ woulda been knocked stupid by Lewis. No way he's getting around that jab.

Comment

not a chance

Comment

I don't think so.

But Roy Jones called out Mike Tyson in the post fight. He said he would only stay at HW for a fight with Mike Tyson. Name wise, Tyson-Jones would been a great fight. But Tyson was past prime by then and Jones wasn't a natural HW so who knows what would have happened.

Comment

No for two reasons: skills pay the bills and size matters. Lennox was bigger and had better boxing ability. Roy couldn't hurt Ruiz. Roy would lose by knockout.

Comment

No, no and no. Lewis would've knocked Jones out worse than Tarver did.

Comment

Their is a reason Jones fought Ruiz and not Lewis. When its convinent, Jones fans like to say he ducked so and so because of money. Tyson-Jones or Lewis-Jones would have broke most records back then, yet he wanted no part of it.

Comment

No and I think Jones knew that as well. That's why he asked for the ridiculous amount of 100 million to fight at heavyweight against Lewis or Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                    X