Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had Martinez not vacated his title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets think about what we are saying here....A guy who fought at 130 just 2 years ago is expected to face the Middleweight Ring champ. Sometimes you guys talk **** and flame yet are actually giving Manny compliments without knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Nah, that's not it. It's because he seems to be frightened of allowing WWs and LMWs to come in at the divisional limit - that's what's bugging people. If he were to let Margarito come in at 154, that'd be 50% of the gripes gone already.
      Really because I could have sworn I saw him destroy a top 5 WW in Clottey without a catchweight. Also he was willing to face the best WW in Mayweather at 147 as well but I guess we tend to forget about that in an attempt to flame...no offense but lets be real here for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        do you think Manny Pacquiao would have challenged him for his WBC belt?
        Here are the 3 points that I had in another thread. With your example, points 2 & 3 still hold true.
        1) Main reason is that Martinez moved on to 160 and did not retain his 154 belt. There would be no point in fighting him if Manny doesn't get rewarded with a belt especially when he can fight another guy (Margo) for a belt.

2) Margo is an Arum guy and by fighting Margo, he can hit 2 birds with one stone. If everything turns out right, Margo looks good enough to come back from the dead and Manny gets himself a title.

3) You must remember that Manny is going for the title. His opponent doesn't necessarily need to be the best at 154. He can leave that option for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
          Lets think about what we are saying here....A guy who fought at 130 just 2 years ago is expected to face the Middleweight Ring champ. Sometimes you guys talk **** and flame yet are actually giving Manny compliments without knowing.
          no on is dissing or complimenting Pac Manny wanted to be 8 division champ right? so stop with the he is a lightweight b.s

Comment

no on is dissing or complimenting Pac Manny wanted to be 8 division champ right? so stop with the he is a lightweight b.s

Comment

Really because I could have sworn I saw him destroy a top 5 WW in Clottey without a catchweight.
              Sure, he blow Clottey away. But it'll forever stink as to why he let De La Hoya come in at the limit, then imposed the catchweight on Cotto, only to let Clottey come in at the limit 4 months later.

Did he not feel confident enough to similarly destroy Cotto, a top 5 WW, at the full 147 limit? The same can be said for this Margarito fight - is he that frightened of letting a LMW come in at the divisional limit; hence he can only destroy him at 150?

Also he was willing to face the best WW in Mayweather at 147 as well but I guess we tend to forget about that in an attempt to flame...no offense but lets be real here for a second.
              That fight seemingly never even got close to happening, so it kinda becomes irrelevant in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Here are the 3 points that I had in another thread. With your example, points 2 & 3 still hold true.
                1) Main reason is that Martinez moved on to 160 and did not retain his 154 belt. There would be no point in fighting him if Manny doesn't get rewarded with a belt especially when he can fight another guy (Margo) for a belt.

2) Margo is an Arum guy and by fighting Margo, he can hit 2 birds with one stone. If everything turns out right, Margo looks good enough to come back from the dead and Manny gets himself a title.

3) You must remember that Manny is going for the title. His opponent doesn't necessarily need to be the best at 154. He can leave that option for another day.
                I'm sure Martinez would have vacated the 160 belt instead if he thought he could get a Pacquiao fight and Margo doesn't have a belt so that fight would have been pointless

Comment

When Roy beat Ruiz did you expect him to face Lewis, Tua or either of the Klitschko bros? I know damn well you didn't but you are expecting Manny to face all these big JMW who campaign at MW when Manny has just recently moved up in weight. So what are you really saying? Personally it seems that your a bigger fan of Manny than I am because I feel Manny gets killed by Martinez as he is way to big. Maybe in a year or so if Manny puts on weight are proves himself, but definably not right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Picker View Post

says the idiot who uses pictures to get a point across

Comment

says the idiot who uses pictures to get a point across

Comment

Working...
                      X