Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Trinidad at 147 stop Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clottey is better than Thiam was. Clottey had quicker hands and could counter, not to mention a tougher texture. If he withstood plaster(assumption) and heavy hands with blazing speed from all angles.. then I think he'd survive Tito's onslaught...

Comment

I would say yes, clottey is the kind of guy who sits there with his guard up like abraham, and punches still get thru and hurt unless you actually add in some upper body movement and guard variation like winky used to do.

Trinidad was only slowed down by actual movement and aggression, neither of which are clotteys strong points. Clottey is tough, but his body is open very often and his generic guard could definitely be cracked open with trinidads wide, but still very quick and powerful left hook.

Mid-late stoppage for Trinidad, I would guess

Comment

Trinidad would stop him no doubt

Trinidad is a great puncher

dynamite in both hands

I mean dynamite

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
          Clottey is better than Thiam was. Clottey had quicker hands and could counter, not to mention a tougher texture. If he withstood plaster(assumption) and heavy hands with blazing speed from all angles.. then I think he'd survive Tito's onslaught...
          Clottey doesn't counter, he's an off / on fighter.

Comment

No, Trinidad would not stop Clottey. Clottey has a good chin. Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao, and Judah all have pretty good punching power and they caught him flush and could not KO him. Cotto who has a jab that can KO you, only KD'd an off balance Clottey.

These threads suck because the fight will never happen and people will just disagree or agree with each other for no reason at all because this fight is a fantasy fight. Sorry but I don't see Trinidad stopping Clottey.

Comment

hard to see how clottey would be able to stay on his feet by fights end.

he has no foot movement and likes to stand in front of you - this fight would make tito look like superman ala mayorga.

total offensive display by tito.

Comment

If Clottey lets is hand go then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  yes he could
                  blocking only does so much against a serious puncher
                  Tito would take him out late
                  What ? no pictures of food...You actually had an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    No, Trinidad would not stop Clottey. Clottey has a good chin. Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao, and Judah all have pretty good punching power and they caught him flush and could not KO him. Cotto who has a jab that can KO you, only KD'd an off balance Clottey.

These threads suck because the fight will never happen and people will just disagree or agree with each other for no reason at all because this fight is a fantasy fight. Sorry but I don't see Trinidad stopping Clottey.
                    Trinidad hits way harder than Cotto, Pac, Judah and Margarito. I dont think Clottey would go down Early but I do believe he would go down.
                    I mean the guy feared putting his hands down against Pac (he said because of speed) but you must fear some power to have taken that mant free punches.
                    Cottey does not exactly box or use foot movement very well.
                    He goes down in 9-12.

Comment

I would say no. Winky has a similar style to Clotteys.

Comment

Working...
                      X