Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Boring Do You Find Benard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B-Hop sponsored beat downs are a special combination of cerebral and brutal. His opponents often spend sleepless nights shivering and silently weeping into their pillow like rape victims after 12 rounds with the Executioner. The audience is often left confused as to whether they just witnessed a lecture or a sodomisation.
    Last edited by S.G.; 08-01-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

He's a cherry picker that fights for himself like most of the other fighters do these days. Every one of the guys he beat here lately never accomplished anything. I'm not gonna explain it again.

Comment

When he was younger, I found him more entertaining to watch.

As he got older, say, post-2003, he was more dull to watch on a fight-by-fight basis. But in between all the boredom, he did do some brilliant things in there that I like watching. The slipping of punches, right foot and body placement, countering, etc.

Comment

I can imagine if you dont understand boxing and what he's doing in the ring, perhaps one would find him boring. The majority of boxing fans dont understand what is going on in the ring most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
            He's a cherry picker that fights for himself like most of the other fighters do these days. Every one of the guys he beat here lately never accomplished anything. I'm not gonna explain it again.
            Let's see lately he's beaten, this is what Hopkins has done since 41 years of age.

Roy Jones - Titliest from middleweight to heavyweight, former pound for pound for years.

Kelly Pavlik - Undisputed middleweight champion.

Winky Wright - Undisputed light middleweigh champ.

Antonio Tarver - Undisputed light heavyweight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              I know anyone who says he's boring is probably a new fan because when he was "The Executioner" for real he was far from boring.

And seeing a man of his age compete for this long is far from boring. If you could only understand the little veteran techniques he uses you would love watching him.
              I love Hop been watching him since i was a kid, but he has produced some terribly boring fights and did so in fights that he could have probably won and been entertaining in. He's not the worst but just like that list in the other thread Hop can make fights really boring to watch sometimes. he's still on my list but he has produced fights that i felt i wasted my night watching.

Comment

his fights of late were kinda boring (rjj and calzaghe) but his early fights are great to watch. i find bhops clinch as one of his effective tool to win his game.

Comment

I get bored with his persona. Truth be told.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
                    Yeah, a friend of mine, who has been into boxing for around 23 years, walked out of his fight against roy in the rematch.
                    maybe because Roy wasn't doing ****

Comment

damn, I can't find that great video showcasing a fleeing, yes, fleeing Hopkins during his fight against Howard Eastman

it had great chicken music

anyway, the truth about Hopkins is that he used to be a philly brawler, and he has become a technician and a counterpuncher over the years

he's not a boring fighter, but he has been in some boring fights

Comment

Working...
                      X