No announcement yet.

How Boring Do You Find Benard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    I know anyone who says he's boring is probably a new fan because when he was "The Executioner" for real he was far from boring.

And seeing a man of his age compete for this long is far from boring. If you could only understand the little veteran techniques he uses you would love watching him.
    He wasn't originally boring and in reality people are impatient and want immediate self-gratification (especially in the US).

In his prime, he would win 12 lopsided rounds. People don't like that ****, they get bored, they're the same people that find Mayweather and Paul Williams fights boring.

I watch Hopkins' fights to learn technique and why he does this and that. Comes in handy during sparring.

Comment

I like Hopkins, even though he ain't one of my absolute favorite guys to watch. I do enjoy seeing him pick opponents apart. He usually does enough in the second half of his fights to make them worth watching. He can make a good fight with the right opponents. As long as his opponent keeps pressing him he has more chances to work his magic. He's boring when his opponents shut down completely and he don't have to work at all.

Comment

The dude makes my eyes bleed, Hopkins and Spadafora should go down as the all time snoozers.

One can argue Jouhn Ruiz as a bore but atleast he had Norman Stone to make up for laughs...

Comment

During his time at MW, he wasn't as bad. Now though, he puts me to sleep.

Comment

what version of hopkins are you talking about?

45 year old hopkins or 30 something year old version?

There is a HUGE difference.

Young hopkins was phenomenal to watch imo. Obviously 45 year old hopkins has slowed down tremendously

Comment

Inside the ring very boring. Out the ring, a very articulate and intelligent man. Bernard Hopkins aint gonna be a broke man like Tyson/Bowe/Hollyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                what version of hopkins are you talking about?

45 year old hopkins or 30 something year old version?

There is a HUGE difference.

Young hopkins was phenomenal to watch imo. Obviously 45 year old hopkins has slowed down tremendously
                Yeah his fights with Howard Eastman, Roy Jones(1st Time) Jermain Taylor were all classics.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
                  Yeah his fights with Howard Eastman, Roy Jones(1st Time) Jermain Taylor were all classics.
                  Nice way to pick and choose his fights.

Against Taylor he was 40 years old.

Against Jones he was young and green, oh and btw who ever looked good against a close-to-prime roy jones?

Try his fights against Glen Johnson, Echols, Trindad, etc.

Comment

Hopkins is a master of the sweet science. You might not find it entertaining, but appreciate it. I for one have always enjoyed watching B-Hop and he's my favourite boxer ever.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
                      Inside the ring very boring. Out the ring, a very articulate and intelligent man. Bernard Hopkins aint gonna be a broke man like Tyson/Bowe/Hollyfield.
                      Thanks for insulting mankind

Comment

Working...
                      X