Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briggs vs Liakhovich 12th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Briggs is a very solid counter puncher, quick and has good power, but his stamina is P4P the worst for a fighter at his level.

Briggs is a counter punching Jameel McCline with worse stamina.

I'd pick Arreola to beat him.

Comment

Sergy Liakhovich has, most of the time, entertained me with his fights and seemed at point a top hw. It's a shame that he rarely fights because he could easily get himself back into the mix by staying active (just look how fast Briggs got back into the mix and title shot!)...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Sergy Liakhovich has, most of the time, entertained me with his fights and seemed at point a top hw. It's a shame that he rarely fights because he could easily get himself back into the mix by staying active (just look how fast Briggs got back into the mix and title shot!)...
        Not anymore though.

He's past it imo.

Looked very bad last time out against a poor opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
          Not anymore though.

He's past it imo.

Looked very bad last time out against a poor opponent.
          The fight (against a guy named Evans Quinn) was entertaining as hell as Liakhovich had to fight through a swollen eye and broken nose to get the exciting KO!....

Also, btw, does anyone know what the story is with Liakhovich's first name? On boxrec, they list him as "Siarhei Liakhovich."

Comment

The fight (against a guy named Evans Quinn) was entertaining as hell as Liakhovich had to fight through a swollen eye and broken nose to get the exciting KO!....

Also, btw, does anyone know what the story is with Liakhovich's first name? On boxrec, they list him as "Siarhei Liakhovich."
            Yes it was,I agree.But Ithought he was losing closely up to the KO.He was getting outboxed.

And Quinn is by no way a top boxer,quite poor in fact.

Comment

liakhovich could of keep his belt with a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                Notice how the Round clock freezes at 26 seconds (for roughly 15 seconds) at the first KD to by Briggs more time.

Also notice how they wave the fight off even though Liakhovich should have 20 seconds, not 10, since he is knocked out of the ring.

One of the most corrupt and blatant displays of a robbery in recent memory.
                What are you smoking? Liak was DONE! They HAD to stop it! Even before he was knocked out the ring he was DONE!

Comment

I think you are overrating Liak. He was never verry good to begin with. The win against Brewster was great, but Brewster was not as his best and had that eye injury.
                  Liak was in the Top5 of the worst HW champs IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    Briggs is a very solid counter puncher, quick and has good power, but his stamina is P4P the worst for a fighter at his level.

Briggs is a counter punching Jameel McCline with worse stamina.

I'd pick Arreola to beat him.
                    Briggs:"I have the most first round knockouts in the history of the heavyweight division. I am the first world champion in boxing history with asthma."

show some respect to this warrior

Comment

Working...
                    X