Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think boxing is the most dangerous sport in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
    I happen to be a semi-pro Motorcycle racer (600RR).

We easily hit 165-170mph on most straightaways, and usually race over 100mph with only feet (sometimes inches) to spare. I've had guys collide with me at over 100mph fighting for position to get to a turn.

And all we have for protection is a leather race suit, some leather gloves, a helmet, and special boots.

You'd have a seriously tough time convincing me that boxing is inherently more dangerous than racing sportbikes.
    I know exactly what you're talking about, though not being a racer myself. High siders, collides, crashes in the first corner, guys like Kevin Schwantz barely walk after their career. Rainey wasn't even that lucky, his legs are paralyzed. And they were racing on circuits...

They race even with a cast in their arm, busted joints, whatever. Rossi broke his tibia about 2 months ago and got back on bike 5 weeks after.

Pain means absolutely nothing for these guys. If they can get on bike, nothing stops them of giving their EVERYTHING.

Last edited by khepesh; 07-29-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

horse riding (or show-jumping) is the most dangerous sport. Ask Superman.

Comment

Basejumping, parkour, free running are more dangerous in terms of injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by championgee View Post
          Boxing, hands down is the most dangerous sport ever. 1# reason is the damage that causes death is on purpose. The object of the game is to inflict as much damage as possible on your opponant. Take a look at this link to get a clear picture.

http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_svinth_a_0700.htm
          Are you guys that slow. I posted the link of boxing deaths. You idiots talking about motorcycle racing are stupid. Look at the death rates. Those deaths are from damage delivered on purpose not an accident, like riding a bike into a sign or tree, thats an accident, fighting is not. MMA has not had a death in years. Even then they were few . Boxing is by far one of the only sports that death is a huge factor, thats why so many pray before the fight. Its really life and death in there. Just look at the link i provided.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            there are sports that some of us are not aware that could be the most dangerous, but as far as mainstream sports goes, it is.
            Jai alai is another one that is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              horse riding (or show-jumping) is the most dangerous sport. Ask Superman.
              Motorcycle racing is probably another one up there for contention.

Comment

Possibly of the mainstream sports. Most risk of long term injury if you've ever talked to a boxing trainer in your life, most of those guys are damn near impossible to understand. Boxing also has the risk of random dangerous **** happening. I'd say that for almost any combat sport, but as it stands boxing is probably the most popular combat sport as in global.

Of the non mainstream sports, I thought Curling looked pretty dangerous.

Ice Hockey is also a pretty dangerous game.

Motorsports are dangerous if you count those as sports in a "traditional" sort of way. One mistake at those speeds and you're dead.

Comment

Fishing is the most dangerous sport of all time. I am honestly not joking look up the stats.

Comment

Believe it or not, Cheerleading also ranks very high in sports danger.

Cheerleading is really the ultimate team sport. So much involves trusting other people to not drop you on the back of your ****ing head.

Comment

Originally posted by championgee View Post
                      Are you guys that slow. I posted the link of boxing deaths. You idiots talking about motorcycle racing are stupid. Look at the death rates. Those deaths are from damage delivered on purpose not an accident, like riding a bike into a sign or tree, thats an accident, fighting is not. MMA has not had a death in years. Even then they were few . Boxing is by far one of the only sports that death is a huge factor, thats why so many pray before the fight. Its really life and death in there. Just look at the link i provided.
                      Have you ever ridden? I mean, you know, even once? Ask any paramedic how dangerous bikes are...then add racing to the mix.

Comment

Working...
                      X