Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think boxing is the most dangerous sport in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by championgee View Post
    Boxing, hands down is the most dangerous sport ever. 1# reason is the damage that causes death is on purpose. The object of the game is to inflict as much damage as possible on your opponant. Take a look at this link to get a clear picture.

http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_svinth_a_0700.htm
    I think it was more dangerous to be a gladiator.

Comment

Yeah,

Because if you keep on winning and earning a lots of millions dollars,
      your "ego" suddenly bloats to a bigger proportion and your life is not the same again!

You start to imagine that you're the Greatest!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
        Yeah,

Because if you keep on winning and earning a lots of millions dollars,
        your "ego" suddenly bloats to a bigger proportion and your life is not the same again!

You start to imagine that you're the Greatest!
        Pacquiao and his imagination.

Comment

road racing motor bikes is far more dangerous.
          No gravel traps to slow bikes down, if u come of there are lamp posts, trees signs etc u can hit.

Comment

Boat racing, surely? You wipe out in one of those at high speed and you're almost guaranteed to be dead meat.

Motorsports are very safe these days.

Comment

I happen to be a semi-pro Motorcycle racer (600RR).

We easily hit 165-170mph on most straightaways, and usually race over 100mph with only feet (sometimes inches) to spare. I've had guys collide with me at over 100mph fighting for position to get to a turn.

And all we have for protection is a leather race suit, some leather gloves, a helmet, and special boots.

You'd have a seriously tough time convincing me that boxing is inherently more dangerous than racing sportbikes.

Comment

There are hundreds of sports around the world that are more dangerous.

Native tribes have there own sports where they use weapons and such, If you have seen Last Man standing you can see.

Comment

I dunno. in the ufc the winner gets to punch their unconscious opponent in the head for about 40 seconds before they stop it. p4p it seems quite likely that it might be more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by garpjr1188 View Post
                    no..isnt MMA more dangerous than boxing?
                    From what I've heard the refs are much quicker to stop a fight, so I believe not.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                      road racing motor bikes is far more dangerous.
                      No gravel traps to slow bikes down, if u come of there are lamp posts, trees signs etc u can hit.
                      +1

In Isle of Man TT, there has been 227 deaths between 1907 and 2009. And that's the history of just one race.

That's f****** sick!

Comment

Working...
                      X