Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Greenburg: Mayweather-Pacquiao Talks Took Place!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    You don't have any evidence of Floyd "b*tching out." So STFU. Not that I care. Manny Pacquiao would rather fight Antonio Margarito in Timbuktu then take unannounced testing. That's proof enough.
    Here is the truth, one guy is fighting (performing his job), while the other is riding around on a segway, while you imagine that you're riding the segway with him, of course in this scenario you imagine yourself as the big spoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
      14days and 50-50 ain't accpetable anymore....
      That's pretty conveinant. What changed? Oh, I know, Manny accepted the terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
        That's pretty conveinant. What changed? Oh, I know, Manny accepted the terms.
        Those terms changed in February. While Manny is still holding tight to 24 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by checko12 View Post
          These negotiations were the talks of the boxing public to see and read about for awhile now. Why the hell didn't Schaeffer say anything a week or 2 after Bob opened his mouth to shoot this **** down? Instead every media publication and news outlet reports of this "deadline" and GBP says absolutely nothing until the deadline handily passes?
          maybe that was their way in dealing with arum. maybe they figured we engaged arum publicly before and he used that to make in-house fights with his fighters. let's just let him talk and we hit the people with facts that nothign never took place.

Why negotiate with ross greenburg anyway. This ampount of money on the line i need to see the people I'm negotiating with!

but that besides the point.....what were the terms? what was agrreed to...If your gonna talk greenburg then spill the beans, because 14 days and 50-50 is and was no longer viable. Team pacquiao blew that back in january of this year!

Comment

July 19 - In an interview by Chris Robinson from Examiner.com, Jeff Mayweather said, “He [Pacquiao] agreed to random testing up to 14 days. I never knew that random had a cutoff. So basically if you don’t have a cutoff, it doesn’t mean it’s random at all. That’s why the negotiations went down. It was the same as before.”

July 7 - http://fighthype.com/pages/content7919.html
            “They stopped taking blood 18 days before [Mayweather-Mosley], so that shows that they can do it and be fine,” Arum would tell Lance Pugmire of the LA Times, explaining why he believes 14 days should be sufficient to satisfy Mayweather’s demands. “We’re saying the same thing, that if there’s information that emerges in the final 14 days, we can go to the [state boxing] commission and ask for more tests. We can work it out. No one’s looking to pull any fast ones.”

July 17: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ao-boxing.html
            Pacquiao didn't want to submit to blood tests too close to a fight, his camp said. Pacquiao budged on the issue during these talks, moving from a 24-day cutoff of blood testing to 14 days. But all along the Mayweather camp has been silent.

July 15 - http://fighthype.com/pages/content7987.htmlIt should be noted that despite the fact that Mayweather has insisted on random blood testing up until the day of the fight, Pacquiao has only agreed to a 14-day cutoff for random blood testing.

Don't you think it's pretty shady of Floyd to say 14 days is ok one minute, then the next snatch 14 off the table? One minute 14 is a good cutoff, the next it's not. That's iffy to me. More iffy than Manny relenting and accepting 14 days to satiate the fans

Comment

Don't you think it's pretty shady of Floyd to say 14 days is ok one minute, then the next snatch 14 off the table? One minute 14 is a good cutoff, the next it's not. That's iffy to me. More iffy than Manny relenting and accepting 14 days to satiate the fans
              I don't think it's shady. He said no more cutoffs after Manny refused it. I think it's shady that Manny said he needs a month because he gets weak then says he needs two weeks.

Comment

July 19 - In an interview by Chris Robinson from Examiner.com, Jeff Mayweather said, “He [Pacquiao] agreed to random testing up to 14 days. I never knew that random had a cutoff. So basically if you don’t have a cutoff, it doesn’t mean it’s random at all. That’s why the negotiations went down. It was the same as before.”

July 7 - http://fighthype.com/pages/content7919.html
                “They stopped taking blood 18 days before [Mayweather-Mosley], so that shows that they can do it and be fine,” Arum would tell Lance Pugmire of the LA Times, explaining why he believes 14 days should be sufficient to satisfy Mayweather’s demands. “We’re saying the same thing, that if there’s information that emerges in the final 14 days, we can go to the [state boxing] commission and ask for more tests. We can work it out. No one’s looking to pull any fast ones.”

July 17: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ao-boxing.html
                Pacquiao didn't want to submit to blood tests too close to a fight, his camp said. Pacquiao budged on the issue during these talks, moving from a 24-day cutoff of blood testing to 14 days. But all along the Mayweather camp has been silent.

July 15 - http://fighthype.com/pages/content7987.htmlIt should be noted that despite the fact that Mayweather has insisted on random blood testing up until the day of the fight, Pacquiao has only agreed to a 14-day cutoff for random blood testing.
                Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                So what changed in Feb? Floyd is jerking everyone's chain. He knew Manny would have a hard enough time accepting 14, so he took on old-man Mosley, changed it to zero days and...hey presto.... that's how you avoid the biggest fight in the history of the sport

Comment

Speaking of holding on tight, do you still hold onto the dream, that one day you and Floyd will able to form a civil union, no prenup, just a 60/40 split?

Comment

So what changed in Feb? Floyd is jerking everyone's chain. He knew Manny would have a hard enough time accepting 14, so he took on old-man Mosley, changed it to zero days and...hey presto.... that's how you avoid the biggest fight in the history of the sport
                    Why would he know Manny would have a hard time taking 14 days? He was simply trying to compromise. Well, Manny spat on that and walked away from the negotiating table. Manny no longer negotiates with an upperhand. Take the tests and cut the bull**** excuses that you fans allow him to get away with.

Comment

I don't think it's shady. He said no more cutoffs after Manny refused it. I think it's shady that Manny said he needs a month because he gets weak then says he needs two weeks.
                      So simply because Manny refused 14, he said Ok no cut-offs. That is just petty behavior by Floyd. Surely we all want to see this megafight happen? Damn. Manny relented his stance, it's called a compromise.

Comment

Working...
                      X