No announcement yet.

The Pro's and Con's of "CATCH WEIGHT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pro's and Con's of "CATCH WEIGHT"

With all this talk about catch weights.....it got me thinking......what are the pro's and con's of allowing catch weights for fights??? what say you bitches???

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    With all this talk about catch weights.....it got me thinking......what are the pro's and con's of allowing catch weights for fights??? what say you bitches???
    no pro's in a title fight. I have no problem in non title fights because they can produce exciting fights.

Comment

I see it like this......If both fighters can agree on a weight where they both feel comfortable, and one fighter is not disadvantaged by having to lose or gain weight that will effect their performance,then let them fight at a catchweight. Especially if the fighter who's defending his title isnt complaining. If he's willing to accept a catchweight to defend his title, then who are we to complain?

Comment

Especially if the fighter who's defending his title isnt complaining. If he's willing to accept a catchweight to defend his title, then who are we to complain?

They are not complaining because they need the money. Its not like its a fair negotiation. You know this too.

Comment

Talking about Pac-Marge....this will be the first time a vacant title will be on the line for a catchweight.

Comment

F&ck catchweights. Man up and play your part. That's how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              Talking about Pac-Marge....this will be the first time a vacant title will be on the line for a catchweight.
              Sugar Ray Leonard weighed 165 and Donny Lalonde weighed 167 when Lalonde defended his light-heavyweight title. The catch was that the fight would also be for a super-middleweight belt, too.

Pretty BS, I know.

Comment

^^^^^See!! WTF is this mickey mouse ****? WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                  Sugar Ray Leonard weighed 165 and Donny Lalonde weighed 167 when Lalonde defended his light-heavyweight title. The catch was that the fight would also be for a super-middleweight belt, too.

Pretty BS, I know.
                  yeah, but leonard was pretty famous for doing things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
                    F&ck catchweights. Man up and play your part. That's how I see it.
                    Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
                    ^^^^^See!! WTF is this mickey mouse ****? WOW!
                    OK I get that due to recent events there is emotion in the mix......but taking the emotion out of this.....what are the pros and cons?

Pro's
                    • There can be more exiting fights made....
                    • there is more of a even playing field....

Con's
                    • No matter who wins there are going to be excuses galore....
                    • The belts are defined by the weight limits....a catch weight is not living up to that belt's title

Comment

Working...
                    X