No announcement yet.

The Pro's and Con's of "CATCH WEIGHT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
    I don't think a catchweight should ever be made in a title fight. I remember Mayweather wanted to fight Winky Wright with a stipulation that they fought with a day of the fight weigh-in. For Wright, who nearly died everytime he made 154 for the last few fights, it was simply too much of a handicap.

I can see where the need for a catchweight comes in for Pacquiao-Margarito, since Marg is much bigger and has only fought his most recent bout at 154. Still, if they do it that way, there shouldn't be a title at stake.
    very good post. thanks for the insight.

I agree about the title, but titles are titles. it isnt for the Ring or lineal championship, so to me its irrelavant.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
      I don't think a catchweight should ever be made in a title fight. I remember Mayweather wanted to fight Winky Wright with a stipulation that they fought with a day of the fight weigh-in. For Wright, who nearly died everytime he made 154 for the last few fights, it was simply too much of a handicap.

I can see where the need for a catchweight comes in for Pacquiao-Margarito, since Marg is much bigger and has only fought his most recent bout at 154. Still, if they do it that way, there shouldn't be a title at stake.
      Pretty much the exact same way I feel.....green K.....

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        If you have the two best fighters in boxing around the division why not. For example Whitaker/Chavez bout.

Not a Pac/Margo fight for a vacant title, that makes no sense to me cause the fight proves nothing. I didn't like Leonard/Lanlode either

The catchweight should be to prove who is the better fighter in a fair condition. Not to collect a belt
        If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car.

Comment

Working...
        X