• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
    Just put the quote back in my sig
    foot movement= speedy

head movement= there to be hit

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
      But, PBF has better defense. He'll throw lesser punches, but he'll get hit lesser than Marquez did.
      no doubt about that bro, pbf's defense is way way better than marquez. he's a precautionary fighter that can't be hit easily. the reason why he seldom punch in bunches coz its the only time you can hit him clean. pbf in a chess match would UD pac, no doubt... pacs only chance is for PBF to brawl with him which i think won't be possible..

Comment

i think Pac has great ideas on offense, and that has been enough to get him where he is, but the truth is he hasnt had to change. He really hasnt had to adapt to a different style. He's faced fighters who have more things in common than not. the mental part of his game to me has not improved. like i said he may not have to, but im sure we are all curious to see what happens when his offense is shutdown, and he finds himself behind on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by yeks View Post
          no doubt about that bro, pbf's defense is way way better than marquez. he's a precautionary fighter that can't be hit easily. the reason why he seldom punch in bunches coz its the only time you can hit him clean. pbf in a chess match would UD pac, no doubt... pacs only chance is for PBF to brawl with him which i think won't be possible..
          I think Pac's chance is to knock him as quick as he did Hatton. Otherwise, i don't see him beating Floyd to a UD or SD. I don't remember the last opponent who has landed 100+ punches total punches on Floyd. I know compubox is pointless, but in order for Manny to take a UD or SD over Floyd, he's gonna have to land 100+ punches or keeping Floyd on defensive mode for the rest of the rounds.

Comment

JMM have found success on his counter-punching because he throws them precisely and in bunches..

pbf on the other hand counters with one or two shots only. he needs to have the heart of juan to have the same success as him..
            [IMG][/IMG]

Marquez wasn't throwing as many combos as you try to make it out to be. He averaged 43 per a round which is only 3 more than what Floyd usually does a round.

Marquez was forced to throw combos at certain points because he didn't have enough skills to completely avoid trading with manny, so he was forced to go on the offensive to protect himself.

His most effective punches came from potshots, single shot counters, and two hit combos. All things that Mayweather excels at.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
              Everybody talks about they know about boxing, in and out of the ring..

I think roach said something that pacquiao makes a lot of misktakes { im not sure, dont bash me if im wrong }

Has anybody seen any mistakes in pacs style?
              NO. per the PacRoidholics, he is God.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                It's hard to say Pac makes "mistakes" in the sense that it hurts him in the way he fights.

Pac I would say is a very unorthodox fighter and if you want to learn how to box, DO NOT COPY PACQUAIO.

He doesn't make mistakes in that, it's his style and his awkwardness is what catches opponents. Of course his speed and power make up for whatever technical mistakes he makes and I think the prime example of that was against JMM twice. JMM adjusted to him and showed he's the better technical fighter and it was technicality vs speed and power.

JMM caught him in ways we have yet to see in Pac's prime and that's because JMM's style and ability to counter punch. This is why I think Mayweather beats him because Mayweather is a bigger, faster version of JMM who fights much more careful.
                JMM have found success on his counter-punching because he throws them precisely and in bunches..

pbf on the other hand counters with one or two shots only. he needs to have the heart of juan to have the same success as him..
                Temoc is dead on here. Floyd will chop pac up and I would not be surprised to see an early stoppage, especially if Floyd hurts Manny early and forces him to fight with caution. Why you think Arum isn't pushing for this fight? We will probably see Margarito get crushed by Pac, then Pac will fight Chavez jr in Mexico City then Pac will fight Cotto. I dont see Mayweather vs Pac happenin because of the way each guy matches up.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Marquez wasn't throwing as many combos as you try to make it out to be. He averaged 43 per a round which is only 3 more than what Floyd usually does a round.

Marquez was forced to throw combos at certain points because he didn't have enough skills to completely avoid trading with manny, so he was forced to go on the offensive to protect himself.

His most effective punches came from potshots, single shot counters, and two hit combos. All things that Mayweather excels at.
                  JMM counters in combo everytime he landed clean on his first shot..

don't be fooled by the punch stats.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                    I think Pac's chance is to knock him as quick as he did Hatton. Otherwise, i don't see him beating Floyd to a UD or SD. I don't remember the last opponent who has landed 100+ punches total punches on Floyd. I know compubox is pointless, but in order for Manny to take a UD or SD over Floyd, he's gonna have to land 100+ punches or keeping Floyd on defensive mode for the rest of the rounds.
                    outpunching floyd is no big task but outlanding him, it would be freezing somewhere in florida..

Comment

outpunching floyd is no big task but outlanding him, it would be freezing somewhere in florida..
                      I don't think anyone can outlanding him in Boxing today. But Manny can land enough to convincingly get a UD or SD. All he has to do is hurt Floyd enough to keep him defensive for the rest of the rounds. If he can do that, regardless if Floyd outlanding him, he would get a UD or SD. He have to do it in way that Floyd won't be able to counter him in return.

Comment

Working...
                      X