Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please explain this: how do you weight drain a WW at 150 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    how anyone defends this astounds me.
    so you're saying it's possible to weight drain a 147 lber at 150 lbs?

margarito has fought not one top ranked jmw at 154, pac has never fought at 154. yet they are fighting for a 154 title at 150,
    that's a good point. and I whole heartedly agree.

this is an embarrassment to all we love and kno about the sport. and **** em all. who are they tryna fool? this fight should not be for a title no matter how u cut it
    this is yet another good point, but I don't see how you can blame pac for an alphabet org sanctioning this fight as a championship fight.

and it will never be considered a fight that enhances pac's legacy.
    I also don't see how beating margarito can increase pac's legacy given that mosley already pummeled him. but I'm guessing arum is making this fight for several reasons.

1) if marg puts up a good fight, that'll make people forget about the mosley fight

2) if pac stops marg, then that'll make people forget the clottey fight

3) mexicans will pay to see marg fight pac (assumption)

in the end, arum wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
      How is NOV "not enough time?" That's over three months. I didn't misquote anything.
      how do you know what margarito means by "enough time"? are you his nutritionist? his conditioning coach?

Comment

soon fighters will be fighting at 147.1 for a 154 pound title or 175.1 pounds for a cruiserweight title. soon prospects with no pro fights will be fighting for titles. can't wait to look forward to this! boxing is going in the right direction finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
          For a Pacquiao fight (pay day) he didn't say he was going to move back down for any other reason.
          is that you paraphrasing or do you have a quote?

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
            explain why you fight for a 154 title at 150??whats the purpose....
            Ask Leonard the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              soon fighters will be fighting at 147.1 for a 154 pound title or 175.1 pounds for a cruiserweight title. soon prospects with no pro fights will be fighting for titles. can't wait to look forward to this! boxing is going in the right direction finally.
              that's a great point, but I don't see how that is pac's fault. if anyone is to blame, its the sanctioning orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                how do you know what margarito means by "enough time"? are you his nutritionist? his conditioning coach?

No I'm not, but what I DO know is that three months is more than enough time for a fighter to train. Most training camps are no more than 8 weeks. If he needs more than that, he has no business fighting at 147 which was the original point. The bottom line is this should not be a title fight. That's the whole point. And I don't care who's fault it is. But I'm not going to credit any fighter winning a belt that way.

Comment

Pacquiao obviously thinks he gains an advantage at 150, why else would he ask for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    No I'm not, but what I DO know is that three months is more than enough time for a fighter to train. Most training camps are no more than 8 weeks. If he needs more than that, he has no business fighting at 147 which was the original point.
                    if that's the case, then it's better that margarito is fighting at 150 lbs rather than 147 lbs. pac could've just as easily said fight me at 147 rather than 150.

The bottom line is this should not be a title fight. That's the whole point.
                    I whole heartedly agree since pac and margarito haven't done jack **** at jr MW.

And I don't care who's fault it is. But I'm not going to credit any fighter winning a belt that way.
                    My name is retnuocllup and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                      Pacquiao obviously thinks he gains an advantage at 150, why else would he ask for it?
                      wait... so why not just ask margarito to fight him at 147 lbs? wouldn't 147 weight drain him more?

Comment

Working...
                      X