Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please explain this: how do you weight drain a WW at 150 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CungLe View Post
    Where did he said that?

Last time I checked he came at 145 against Mosley!

loooooooool

145 with chain around his neck,and hat!
    This bout will taking place at the super welterweight limit of 154 pounds, do you plan on staying at 154 or will you be moving back down to 147?

Well, in my last fight I did struggle a bit to make 147. This fight is going to be at 154 and like I mentioned earlier Manny Pacquiao is the reigning champion at 147 so if we can get a fight with him I’d be willing to come back down to 147 and with enough time we’ll have no problems making weight.

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/qa-a...argarito-42905

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
      explain why you fight for a 154 title at 150??whats the purpose....
      I don't get how that is pac's fault. if anyone is to blame for such a farce, you gotta lay blame with the alphabet org that sanctions it for their championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
        This bout will taking place at the super welterweight limit of 154 pounds, do you plan on staying at 154 or will you be moving back down to 147?

Well, in my last fight I did struggle a bit to make 147. This fight is going to be at 154 and like I mentioned earlier Manny Pacquiao is the reigning champion at 147 so if we can get a fight with him I’d be willing to come back down to 147 and with enough time we’ll have no problems making weight.

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/qa-a...argarito-42905
        ah so..........

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          ah so..........
          yep he's willing to come back down for a big pay day.

Comment

I don't get how that is pac's fault. if anyone is to blame for such a farce, you gotta lay blame with the alphabet org that sanctions it for their championship.
            blame,greed and arum

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post

Well, in my last fight I did struggle a bit to make 147. This fight is going to be at 154 and like I mentioned earlier Manny Pacquiao is the reigning champion at 147 so if we can get a fight with him I’d be willing to come back down to 147 and with enough time we’ll have no problems making weight.http://www.*********.com/Boxing/qa-a...argarito-42905

Then why not fight at 147 for Pacquiao's belt?

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                It's for the belt at 154lbs, not welterweight.
                that's a good point. but I don't see how that answers my question.

Comment

I will say as fighters get older it is hard to make their lesser weight. Guys like Margarito and Cotto at this stage will prefer the luxury of coming at 154. My biggest issue is mainly that margs with the scandal shouldn't get such a fight and be given a crack at the vacant WBC title, there are more deserving fighters.

It all comes down to this, people who are against it-simply don't support the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    Then why not fight at 147 for Pacquiao's belt?
                    my guess is, there isn't enough time for margarito to melt down to 150 in time for the nov date.

Comment

that's a good point. but I don't see how that answers my question.
                      I think your question has been answered enough. Whether you choose to see it is another matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X