No announcement yet.

Stop already comparing Manny to Armstrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop already comparing Manny to Armstrong

Pacquiao has been compared by a lot of people to the great Henry Armstrong because of his similar successful rise through the weight divisions.

But Manny Pacquiao hasn't done it the same way as Armstrong did, because Henry was never afraid of being outweighed by several pounds by his rivals as he was going up in wieght. He was the much smaller fighter a lot of the times, and he still won.

I believe Pacquiao is a true warrior. So I really don't get why he is asking for catch-weights since he has moved up to the WW zone. Just look how he dominated all his recent opponents, does Pacquiao really need catch-weights ? **** no. He could be fighting his opponents at their full healthy natural fighting weight, and he would still beat them.

So why hurt his legacy with those catch-weights ?

De la Hoya cut 7 pounds, a whole division down.
    Cotto cut 2 pounds.
    And now they want Margarito at 150 for the vacant WBC 154 pound title.

Nonsense. And it's not even a close fight on paper. Pacquiao will toy with Margarito.

Therefore, I say respect the weight-divisions, respect the fighters, and respect the fans.

To me, Pacquiao is not only a multi-divisional champion, he's also a multi-catch-weight champion, and that is sad. Bringing down the weight of your opponents when you're the one who is supposed to be moving up, that's ****ed up to me. Weight division have become suggestions in Pacquiao's world.

Did RJJ asked Ruiz to come in at 215 when he fought him ? No. He was out-weighed by something like 30 pounds, and it didn't matter.

Homicide Hank 134 Ceferino Garcia 146½ for the World WW title
    Homicide Hank 142 Ceferino Garcia 152 1/2 for the World MW title

Why tarnish the great run from 112 to 140 at the very end of a fighter's career ?
    True.
    54.32%
    False.
    45.68%

Is the Margarito fight a catch weight? I read an article which mis quoted Pac as he said he would come in at around 150 and they assumed the Margarito fight was going to be at 150 not 154.

The Oscar fight wasn't a catch weight Manny moved up from 135 to 147 and Oscar moved down from 154 to 147 he just lost weight the wrong way it seems.

I thought the only catch weight fight Pac had was Cotto?

Comment

This is a jealousy hate thread.

I myself never compare Manny Pacquiao, who is greater than Henry Armstrong. He is The One.

Happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
        This is a jealousy hate thread.

I myself never compare Manny Pacquiao, who is greater than Henry Armstrong. He is The One.

Happy now?
        your name and pictures tell how objective you can be about this matter

Comment

Pacquiao >>>Henry Armstrong all the way

its not even close!

Comment

Pac conquered more weight classes than the Great Armstrong. Pac's more impressive at the higher weight class than Armstrong. If they have fought at 140-147 Pac will annihilate Armstrong. Pac will be Greater than Armstrong. Armstrong failed to capture the Middle weight division. Pac will Conquer the Middleweight division before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Is the Margarito fight a catch weight? I read an article which mis quoted Pac as he said he would come in at around 150 and they assumed the Margarito fight was going to be at 150 not 154.

The Oscar fight wasn't a catch weight Manny moved up from 135 to 147 and Oscar moved down from 154 to 147 he just lost weight the wrong way it seems.

I thought the only catch weight fight Pac had was Cotto?
              Well there is an article here on BS that states that Pacquiao wants Margo at 150.

DLH hadn't been fighting at 147 for many years.

And yes it was a catch-weight, but it was even worse than what he did to Cotto, because he didn't let DLH fight at 150 so that he could at least stay at JMW where he had been fighting for a while.

No. He asked DLH to move down a whole division.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                Pac conquered more weight classes than the Great Armstrong. Pac's more impressive at the higher weight class than Armstrong. If they have fought at 140-147 Pac will annihilate Armstrong. Pac will be Greater than Armstrong. Armstrong failed to capture the Middle weight division. Pac will Conquer the Middleweight division before he retires.
                we can also see your great objectivity looking at your nickname

anyway

don't forget one thing, there was no junior and super divisions in Armstrong's time

Armstrong was champion at 126, 135, 147, and should have been champion at 160, but was robbed

between those 4 divisions, there are today 126, 130, 135, 140, 147, 154, 160.

7 divisions in total

Isn't Pacquiao a 7 division champion ? So to me, Pacquiao hasn't surpassed Armstrong yet, and he doesn't help his case neither with his catch-weight Bull**** demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  why fight at catch-weight then if Manny is so great in the higher divisions ?
                  why does he need the catch-weights ?
                  answer this if you can

Comment

Laughable lol

Never never never heard a more pathetic saying on these boards. Get out of here, NOW!

Comment

Working...
                    X