Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Main Reason why Floyd Mayweather Jr. Should be Worried about fighting Pacquiao...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Main Reason why Floyd Mayweather Jr. Should be Worried about fighting Pacquiao...

Because he is on "THE LIST."

On Freddie "The Vulture" Roach's hit-list.

The Criteria in which to get on the list is as follow:

Past Prime.

Weight-drained

Have lost a fight in one of your last few fights in which you showed signs of decline. The biggy in this, if you were KO'd in that loss, you get an automatic red-X paint splash on your back as you are walking out of the ring.

So which does Floyd fall into?

Option 1...Past prime.
    According to Roach, a while back, Floyd's best days were in the 130's and hasn't shown signs of that greatness at 147+.
    Not only that, more recently after the Mosley fight, he mentioned how he thought Floyd's legs are "shot."
    Although I disagree with them being "shot," I do think it is more like the difference between a Pre-exile Ali and a Post-exile Ali at this point if you compare Floyd at 23 compared to 33.
    The rest; punch-out-put decline and overall speed decline from head to toe. Not just in the hands but how fast he moves his upper-body has declined. I thought that as early as the Judah fight.

What has stayed is his technique is still solid along with his timing and accuracy for the most part. However, since he is a bit slower now, I've noticed he seems to miss certain punches that he probably would have connected with before.

So why may Floyd be stalling, if he is at all?
    Not quite positive.
    Could be Roger, could be the fact that he is 33 years old, is a part-time fighter now, needs some time to recharge at his age, and just doesn't enjoy boxing anymore so he has to "get up" for it.

But one reason I have thought about, and this probably isn't the reason, but let's just entertain the thought...is based off his allegations of saying Pac is using PEDs. You see, it is natural to decline with age. Floyd has declined. Pac, not so much. So to Floyd, he may be waiting it out to see if Pac declines a bit to even things up for their match.

Either way, the main point is noticing that once you are on Freddie's hit-list, you are ready for the taken. Like a vulture circling his the soon to be fallen. He knows you are dying fast, do you?

Who will be his next victim?

[IMG]http://*********.com/images/article_images/1651.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM.

Floyd just aint good against southpaws.

Comment

Comment

roach has the blueprint to beat floydie , and that gay elerbe knows it thats why he told floyd not to take the fight

Comment

Good post. Pac fights guys weight drained and coming off K.O loses. It's a shame really, his whole resume is filled with it.

Real boxing fans ( not *******s) know pac is a fraud.

Comment

Floyd isn't taking this fight because its true...his legs are starting to decieve him and he doesn't have the output necessary to keep Pac off of him. He has only 1 KO in his last 6 fights (I may be wrong) and to beat Pac, your going to need to hurt him and make him respect you.

Floyd taking a year off to fight Pac would more detrimental to his success in defeating Pac.

Comment

Some people need to get a grip.

Manny is in no way a fraud.

Get a reality check.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                So to Floyd, he may be waiting it out to see if Pac declines a bit to even things up for their match.
                wow. dude said that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Jones View Post
                    Some people need to get a grip.

Manny is in no way a fraud.

Get a reality check.
                    He is not a fraud. you can't be a fraud and fight at that level. He is actual very good and an entertaining fighter. However, there is no question Roach has carefully picked some of his opponents. His last true test to fight a top tier, very-good to great fighter (depending on how you rate him), with a "live" "prime" fighter, was probably JMM.

Comment

Working...
                    X