No announcement yet.

Why doesn’t Mayweather fight Cotto?!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It would be a huge f*** you to Pacquiao from from Arum if Arum did negotiate this fight and get it done as well. This is an intriguing but unrealistic option for both Cotto and Mayweather.
    Intriguing, how?

I respect Cotto man, I do. But isn't it a bit too far fetched to think someone who took those hellish beatings against Margarito, Clottey, Pacquiao...would bring anything against Mayweather?

Comment

He knows that Cotto won't be an easy fight, that's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
        Intriguing, how?

I respect Cotto man, I do. But isn't it a bit too far fetched to think someone who took those hellish beatings against Margarito, Clottey, Pacquiao...would bring anything against Mayweather?
        So who does?..

I respect Floyd's talent like CRAZY..but I feel that his biggest fans put him on a pedestal..FOR YEARS there's been excuses on why he shouldn't fight threats..instead of proving he can actually beat them..all you see and hear from him and his fans is.."He's got losses and Money May doesn't", "He's shot", "He does nothing for my legacy" etc..

Ironically enough he mentions legacy when threats are there..but when EASY fights are in front of him..he wants to yell "Legacy don't pay bills" and he tries to justify that he fights for Money not Legacy..

So if the Pacquiao fight doesn't go down..what's the next biggest fight (Money-wise) for Mayweather?

Pacquiao isn't the only threat for Mayweather..and he won't go to 154 to fight Martinez..Williams would be a solid victory..but seriously..Williams can't get people to go see him for free..so Mayweather's best bet is to stay at 147 and continue fighting and proving he's the BEST by actually FIGHTING not some fantasy **** talking..

I say Mayweather fights, Berto, Cotto, Pacquiao, Bradley etc...atleast 2 of that list would be fine...I'm not saying all..but he's too caught up in his own hype that I'm sure he'll wait til their streak is over and they beat each other..or he'll just take another 2 year vacation until they eliminate each other and come back acting like he's been around all along and claim nobody can beat him..they just beat each other..

Comment

Simply because ***** Floyd won't fight fighters that capable of beating him... His almighty "0" might gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
            Intriguing, how?

I don't think he would win, I don't think he would be able to win more than like 3 rounds, but I would still like to see it , just to see if Cotto really is any different with a new trainer. And it's another notch of the hit list Mayweather seems to have already forgotten about.

Comment

Would love to see this fight.But i doubt it will happen since cotto is with
              arum.Bob probably has other plans for cotto.

Comment

This is a fight I've always wanted to see, but I think they'll end up fighting as their careers come to a close being both don't go through back to back losses in the next couple years. Maybe they fight at 154. Never say never in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                  Let’s admit it, boxing fans, especially the diehard Floyd Mayweather fans; when was the last time you have seen Floyd in a fight with an outstanding boxer that is still in their prime? Don’t say Ricky Hatton because I’d have to laugh at that. My point being I truly believe Mayweather is too good for his last 5 or so fights.

Nevertheless, we’ve had the chance to see Manny Pacquiao fight opponents that Mayweather fought before him. Mayweather put on a brilliant fight versus Oscar De La Hoya in a decision win but Manny’s performance against De La Hoya was priceless, as the Filipino slugger made De La Hoya and his corner give up after being beaten really badly. We saw Mayweather knock out Ricky Hatton in the 10th round in 2007, while Hatton didn’t last a full six minutes versus Pacquiao and laid motionless in the middle of the ring afterwards.

And Oh, by the way, we haven’t seen Hatton in the ring since that night. You might want to compare Mayweather’s bout against Juan Manuel Marquez to Pacquiao’s bouts versus Marquez but take into consideration Marquez didn’t have to gain 20 pounds to fight Pacquiao. Side note: I will forever question Mayweather for the Marquez fight; There were so many better boxers in the welterweight division that he could have fought.

Anyway, my point is last time we saw Miguel Cotto it was in a one-sided bout against Yuri Foreman and Cotto looked great. But before that fight, Cotto was in the ring with Pacquiao and Manny’s speed and power proved to be the advantage of that fight. Pacquiao’s offensive aggression was just too much for Cotto. Since it is clear Mayweather is not going to fight Pacquiao right now, how about if he fights Miguel Cotto.

I believe that should truly be his next fight, if not a fight against Pacquiao. We saw a few years back Cotto beat the very same Shane Mosley that Mayweather just beat. Boxing fans all over do not want to see Mayweather fight another seasoned out of prime fighter. If not Pacquiao, at least Mayweather needs to take on Cotto. How about it?

link
                  Pacquiao's win against De La Hoya was priceless, um no it wasn't he was shot and drained to bits however i agree with the rest of your TS.

Prime Cotto or the Cotto we speak of now Mayweather outclasses him to a UD at 154 knocks him out at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyesolated View Post
                    So who does?..

I respect Floyd's talent like CRAZY..but I feel that his biggest fans put him on a pedestal..FOR YEARS there's been excuses on why he shouldn't fight threats..instead of proving he can actually beat them..all you see and hear from him and his fans is.."He's got losses and Money May doesn't", "He's shot", "He does nothing for my legacy" etc..

Ironically enough he mentions legacy when threats are there..but when EASY fights are in front of him..he wants to yell "Legacy don't pay bills" and he tries to justify that he fights for Money not Legacy..

So if the Pacquiao fight doesn't go down..what's the next biggest fight (Money-wise) for Mayweather?

Pacquiao isn't the only threat for Mayweather..and he won't go to 154 to fight Martinez..Williams would be a solid victory..but seriously..Williams can't get people to go see him for free..so Mayweather's best bet is to stay at 147 and continue fighting and proving he's the BEST by actually FIGHTING not some fantasy **** talking..

I say Mayweather fights, Berto, Cotto, Pacquiao, Bradley etc...atleast 2 of that list would be fine...I'm not saying all..but he's too caught up in his own hype that I'm sure he'll wait til their streak is over and they beat each other..or he'll just take another 2 year vacation until they eliminate each other and come back acting like he's been around all along and claim nobody can beat him..they just beat each other..
                    I no longer believe Mayweather needs an opponent to sell, I believe he could do 1 million+ PPVs regardless of the opponent. So it's inexcusable to avoid Paul Williams or Martinez because of their lack of drawing power. I'm sorry man, but at this point Miguel Cotto doesn't pose much of a threat. Also, Mayweather himself acknowledged that Cotto was beaten with bricks, even used that to discredit Pacquiao's win over him. So it would be hypocritical of Mayweather to view Cotto as a possible opponent.

Man...I want to see Mayweather in competitive bouts. Lets look at Duran, Duran had Carlos Palomino, Benitez, Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, Esteban De Jesus, Barkley and the list goes on and on, he had people who could more then challenge him; beat him. Mayweather has Martinez, Paul Williams and Pacquiao. I couldn't care less if he lost man, I want to see him get challenged. Mayweather would walk all over Cotto, especially now.

Comment

Cotto needs to leave Top Rank.

Comment

Working...
                      X